Sep 24, 2013, 7:09 PM PDT
Earthquakes goalkeeper Jon Busch will block just about anything. That rule doesn’t apply to Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
On Tuesday, a massive piece of military equipment crashed Earthquakes practice. The tank-like vehicle collided with a concrete divider that’s located about 10 feet from the practice field.
Elliot Almond of the Bay Area News Group was on hand when the crash occurred.
“I’m just glad it didn’t come through the freaking fence,” Busch told Almond, following the incident.
Fortunately, nobody was injured in the accident. While it looked like a scene from Red Dawn, the fighting vehicles are on hand because they train on an open piece of land next to the Quakes’ facility.
Our friend Frank Stranzl, Earthquakes senior manager of media relations, sent over these awesome images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ryon Healy after taking ball to the face: 'I was just kind of in shock...'
- Highlights: Rajai Davis escapes tag with slick slide vs Mets
- Melvin updates Healy's status after exiting early: 'Better than I thought'
- Report: Kings finally give up hope on long lost prospect
- Residents Call 'Automatic' Fireworks Fines Unfair
- Drive of the Game: Rough career first for Bumgarner
- Drive of the Game: Conforto cranks two over the wall vs A's
- John Wall commits to Wizards long term with huge contract extension
- Second Gold Rush Popping Up in Northern California?
- BART Map Gets a Mario Kart Upgrade
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|