Sep 24, 2013, 7:09 PM PDT
Earthquakes goalkeeper Jon Busch will block just about anything. That rule doesn’t apply to Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
On Tuesday, a massive piece of military equipment crashed Earthquakes practice. The tank-like vehicle collided with a concrete divider that’s located about 10 feet from the practice field.
Elliot Almond of the Bay Area News Group was on hand when the crash occurred.
“I’m just glad it didn’t come through the freaking fence,” Busch told Almond, following the incident.
Fortunately, nobody was injured in the accident. While it looked like a scene from Red Dawn, the fighting vehicles are on hand because they train on an open piece of land next to the Quakes’ facility.
Our friend Frank Stranzl, Earthquakes senior manager of media relations, sent over these awesome images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Marshawn Lynch to remain with Raiders in 2018
- Facebook Seeks to Expand Northern California Campus
- Jailhouse Video Shows Deputies Watching as Inmate Dies
- Warriors need vets to bounce back against young Suns
- After upsetting Warriors, Kings battle schedule with fifth game in seven days
- Stenson one clear of loaded leaderboard at Bay Hill
- TT postscript: Many birdies, but not much momentum
- Rose thrives in Tiger's group, shoots 67 at Bay Hill
- Lesson with Faxon gets McIlroy's putting on track
- Where does Evander Kane's four-goal game rank in Sharks history?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|