Sep 24, 2013, 7:09 PM PDT
Earthquakes goalkeeper Jon Busch will block just about anything. That rule doesn’t apply to Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
On Tuesday, a massive piece of military equipment crashed Earthquakes practice. The tank-like vehicle collided with a concrete divider that’s located about 10 feet from the practice field.
Elliot Almond of the Bay Area News Group was on hand when the crash occurred.
“I’m just glad it didn’t come through the freaking fence,” Busch told Almond, following the incident.
Fortunately, nobody was injured in the accident. While it looked like a scene from Red Dawn, the fighting vehicles are on hand because they train on an open piece of land next to the Quakes’ facility.
Our friend Frank Stranzl, Earthquakes senior manager of media relations, sent over these awesome images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- 49ers' new stadium reaches a major milestone
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- With young fan's signature on his back, Khris Davis hits huge homer
- Firefighter Died After Fire Retardant Drop on NorCal Blaze
- Giants eke out win thanks to Mets' 13th-inning blunder
- Giants Snap 4-Game Slide on Mets' Dropped Pop-Up in 13th
- 'Look out!' Giants take lead on Mets' 13th-inning error
- Khris Davis rocks jersey signed by young fan on Make-A-Wish night
- Crews Battle Three-Alarm House Fire Burning in East San Jose
- San Carlos Airport Begins Burning Man Flights This Week
- BART Studies Systemwide Gate Overhaul to Curb Fare Evaders
- Tony Watson gets Giants out of jam with clutch double play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|