Sep 24, 2013, 7:09 PM PDT
Earthquakes goalkeeper Jon Busch will block just about anything. That rule doesn’t apply to Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
On Tuesday, a massive piece of military equipment crashed Earthquakes practice. The tank-like vehicle collided with a concrete divider that’s located about 10 feet from the practice field.
Elliot Almond of the Bay Area News Group was on hand when the crash occurred.
“I’m just glad it didn’t come through the freaking fence,” Busch told Almond, following the incident.
Fortunately, nobody was injured in the accident. While it looked like a scene from Red Dawn, the fighting vehicles are on hand because they train on an open piece of land next to the Quakes’ facility.
Our friend Frank Stranzl, Earthquakes senior manager of media relations, sent over these awesome images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bay Bridge Billboard Calls for President Trump's Impeachment
- Kerr asked about Damian Jones: 'The other thing that hurts all the centers...'
- 'Rally Against White Supremacy' Slated for Berkeley
- Norman targets Crabtree, Cooper in postgame rant after Raiders loss
- Steve Kerr: Warriors 'the most unselfish team around, but...'
- Three teams chasing Giants in tight race for first overall pick
- Niners Defense Loses a Standout in Carradine
- Raiders Offensive Line Has Rare Off Night
- Raiders snap count: Sean Smith the odd man out
- Collision in Oakland Injures 2 Officers, Civilian: Police
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|