Sep 24, 2013, 7:09 PM PDT
Earthquakes goalkeeper Jon Busch will block just about anything. That rule doesn’t apply to Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
On Tuesday, a massive piece of military equipment crashed Earthquakes practice. The tank-like vehicle collided with a concrete divider that’s located about 10 feet from the practice field.
Elliot Almond of the Bay Area News Group was on hand when the crash occurred.
“I’m just glad it didn’t come through the freaking fence,” Busch told Almond, following the incident.
Fortunately, nobody was injured in the accident. While it looked like a scene from Red Dawn, the fighting vehicles are on hand because they train on an open piece of land next to the Quakes’ facility.
Our friend Frank Stranzl, Earthquakes senior manager of media relations, sent over these awesome images.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Warriors Pregame Live
- South Bay Students Use Tech To Study Religious Diversity
- Relocation approval 'offers more clarity' when Raiders recruit future free agents
- Warriors to update Durant's status on Wednesday
- Fire Scorches 420-Plus Tons of Hay at Fresno Ranch
- 49ers GM Lynch speaks with Harbaugh about Michigan prospects
- NFL centralizes replay reviews, Del Rio wants more freedom in challenges
- Student Filmmakers Get a Shot in Sonoma Int'l Film Fest
- Pursuit Ends in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Pittsburg
- A's Insider Podcast: Matt Joyce
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|