Sep 24, 2013, 9:14 PM PDT
John Hirschbeck is confused. On Tuesday, the MLB umpire called Yoenis Cespedes both safe and out at the same time. The umpire’s confusion occurred in the top of the seventh inning with one out. While it looked like Cespedes beat the throw, he was ruled out.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: LA Kings to relieve Dustin Brown of captaincy
- Defense secretary: Navy's Reynolds, Swain can play in NFL
- Sharks, Penguins bring need for speed in Stanley Cup Final
- Armstrong enters competition for 49ers' starting job
- Thanks to the East, America needs Warriors-Thunder best-of-13
- Sharks draw Crosby, Penguins in Stanley Cup Final
- Days after pitch to face, Ryan Vogelsong returns to ballpark
- Baylor demotes Starr, fires coach Art Briles amid sex assaults scandal
- Martin, Ward highlight Sharks' improved playoff depth
- Barry Bonds 'big-leagues' Dodgers' Pederson
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|