Sep 24, 2013, 2:59 PM PDT
Things aren’t going too well for the San Francisco 49ers. They have lost their last two games and quarterback Colin Kaepernick has zero touchdowns, four interceptions and two fumbles in those losses.
After immediate success in the National Football League and all the spoils that go with it, Kaepernick is now being introduced to the fickle side of stardom.
He could do no wrong in the eyes of the fans when he was winning. Heck, he even had a corn-maze created in his likeness. Now that he’s losing and doing it in ugly fashion, his most faithful followers have turned on him. Instead of ignoring the criticism, Kaepernick is “favoriting” every crummy comment sent his way on Twitter. He’s even doing it while at work at 49ers headquarters.
“It’s something I do for me,” Kaepernick told the assembled media in the 49ers’ locker room on Tuesday. “It helps me.”
Well, that’s good news. Kap sure is getting a lot of help lately. Here are some of the favorited tweets sent his way, because, it really helps him, you guys.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|