Sep 24, 2013, 2:59 PM PDT
Things aren’t going too well for the San Francisco 49ers. They have lost their last two games and quarterback Colin Kaepernick has zero touchdowns, four interceptions and two fumbles in those losses.
After immediate success in the National Football League and all the spoils that go with it, Kaepernick is now being introduced to the fickle side of stardom.
He could do no wrong in the eyes of the fans when he was winning. Heck, he even had a corn-maze created in his likeness. Now that he’s losing and doing it in ugly fashion, his most faithful followers have turned on him. Instead of ignoring the criticism, Kaepernick is “favoriting” every crummy comment sent his way on Twitter. He’s even doing it while at work at 49ers headquarters.
“It’s something I do for me,” Kaepernick told the assembled media in the 49ers’ locker room on Tuesday. “It helps me.”
Well, that’s good news. Kap sure is getting a lot of help lately. Here are some of the favorited tweets sent his way, because, it really helps him, you guys.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Here's a sneak preview of Stephen Curry's new TV special
- Warriors proved they can take a kicking and keep on sticking
- Rewind: Nerves palpable in Sharks' Game 1 loss to Penguins
- What they're saying: Warriors end Thunder's season
- Sharks' Marleau doesn't expect punishment for hit on Rust
- Instant Replay: Late goal lifts Penguins, drops Sharks in Game 1
- Tickets to Thunder-Warriors Game 7 sky high
- Graveman, A's top Twins in opener for third straight win
- What they're saying: Happy Memorial Day
- Notes: Sharks sticking with the plan that got them here
- Vegas tabs Sharks' Pavelski as Conn Smythe frontrunner
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|