Sep 24, 2013, 2:59 PM PDT
Things aren’t going too well for the San Francisco 49ers. They have lost their last two games and quarterback Colin Kaepernick has zero touchdowns, four interceptions and two fumbles in those losses.
After immediate success in the National Football League and all the spoils that go with it, Kaepernick is now being introduced to the fickle side of stardom.
He could do no wrong in the eyes of the fans when he was winning. Heck, he even had a corn-maze created in his likeness. Now that he’s losing and doing it in ugly fashion, his most faithful followers have turned on him. Instead of ignoring the criticism, Kaepernick is “favoriting” every crummy comment sent his way on Twitter. He’s even doing it while at work at 49ers headquarters.
“It’s something I do for me,” Kaepernick told the assembled media in the 49ers’ locker room on Tuesday. “It helps me.”
Well, that’s good news. Kap sure is getting a lot of help lately. Here are some of the favorited tweets sent his way, because, it really helps him, you guys.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Madison Bumgarner joins the Giants' scooter-riding ranks
- Pence wants to teach his awkward baseball style to your kids
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Jets coach Ryan: 'We're gonna go with that Bumgarner guy'
- Rams' Fisher impressed with Kaepernick's progression
- Vegas: 2015 World Series odds don't favor Giants
- 49ers not short-handed despite roster vacancy
- In the Crease: Sharks aim for perfect road trip in Minnesota
- Rewind: Bumgarner lights cauldron, Giants win another title
- Old shortstop, fireman help Giants get critical out in Game 7
- Affeldt tearful upon being named winning pitcher in Game 7
- Giants on re-signing Sandoval: 'We'll do the best we can'
- Bumgarner extraordinary as Giants claim decade
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|