Sep 25, 2013, 4:31 PM PDT
Giants fans have a new toy to play with at AT&T Park. In addition to the hidden bowling alley, the digital cafe, the Coca-Cola bottle slide, and the cable car on the right field arcade, fans will now be able to pull out their mobile devices and upgrade their seats.
Starting tonight, Pogoseat will offer a service through the MLB.com At The Ballpark app, that allows fans to upgrade their tickets. The Oakland Athletics have been offering the same seat upgrade feature since April. In fairness, they’ve had a few more seats available this season.
The feature can be used from the time gates open through the fifth inning. Fans will have to pay the difference in purchase price between the seats, with a minimal fee of $10. There’s a feature inside the app that shows which seats are available.
It could also be a crafty way to sneak around the ballpark and get a free seat upgrade after the fifth inning — as long as the ushers don’t notice.*
* Field of Teams in no way condones this activity. Do so at your own risk. But, seriously, it’s a clever idea isn’t it?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ranking top 5 Raiders needs heading into the 2019 NFL Draft
- Giants vs. Pirates lineups: Derek Holland takes hill against NL's top team
- Tesla Wants to Cut Size of Board From 11 Directors to 7
- Body Found in Bay ID'd as Man Who Went Missing in Pacifica
- Pirates call-up a reminder that Giants waited too long to change
- A's vs. Blue Jays lineups: Mike Fiers takes ball in Game 2 of series
- NFL draft rumors: Cardinals will not take Kyler Murray with No. 1 pick
- Jimmy Garoppolo opens up about work he did with Mike Shanahan
- Lowry holds one-shot lead halfway through rainy RBC Heritage
- Phenom Bhatia, 17, makes Web.com Tour cut in Alabama
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|