Sep 27, 2013, 6:01 PM PDT
Victory will no longer leave a foul taste in your mouth. MoGo, a popular mouthguard company, is teaming up with Warriors’ star point guard Stephen Curry to create a custom line of flavored mouthguards.
Curry tweeted the news on Friday.
Immediately, many questions came to mind. Will they taste like Curry himself? Now, that would be too weird, right? And if not, what flavor would they be? Field of Teams tracked down Curry at Warriors Media Day and got some tasteful answers.
“They approached me with the idea to endorse the flavored approach to mouthguards,” Curry said. “I’ve been wearing mouthguards since college and the taste of the material gets a little uncomfortable sometimes, to say the least.”
“We’ll have some lemon flavor, they’ll make a flavor with my name on it, so we’ll see,” Curry added.
Curry isn’t the only one seeking flavor while competing. According to MoGo’s website, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick uses a flavored mouthguard. His preferred flavor is fruit punch.
Curry’s younger brother, Seth, has also tested out the new mouthguards. Like a good younger brother, he has Steph’s back.
“Yeah, I’ve seen a few of them,” Seth said. “They taste good. I don’t remember the one I tried, but it’s pretty good.”
So, what does the Stephen Curry flavored mouthguard taste like? Apparently, lemons.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kane leads Sharks to critical win on four-goal night
- Shot of the Game: Kane buries a rebound for first hat trick
- Shorthanded Warriors falter down the stretch in close loss to Kings
- Kings hang around and shock the Warriors
- Casspi rolls ankle, leaves game vs Kings
- New Car's Features Are Missing; Dealer Silent
- Kevin Durant's rib injury in his own words
- SF Public Works Rejects Tree Removal at Transamerica Pyramid
- Controversy Surrounds Retired Lieutenant's Bid for Sheriff
- Raiders to sign former 49ers defensive lineman
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|