Sep 27, 2013, 6:01 PM PDT
Victory will no longer leave a foul taste in your mouth. MoGo, a popular mouthguard company, is teaming up with Warriors’ star point guard Stephen Curry to create a custom line of flavored mouthguards.
Curry tweeted the news on Friday.
Immediately, many questions came to mind. Will they taste like Curry himself? Now, that would be too weird, right? And if not, what flavor would they be? Field of Teams tracked down Curry at Warriors Media Day and got some tasteful answers.
“They approached me with the idea to endorse the flavored approach to mouthguards,” Curry said. “I’ve been wearing mouthguards since college and the taste of the material gets a little uncomfortable sometimes, to say the least.”
“We’ll have some lemon flavor, they’ll make a flavor with my name on it, so we’ll see,” Curry added.
Curry isn’t the only one seeking flavor while competing. According to MoGo’s website, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick uses a flavored mouthguard. His preferred flavor is fruit punch.
Curry’s younger brother, Seth, has also tested out the new mouthguards. Like a good younger brother, he has Steph’s back.
“Yeah, I’ve seen a few of them,” Seth said. “They taste good. I don’t remember the one I tried, but it’s pretty good.”
So, what does the Stephen Curry flavored mouthguard taste like? Apparently, lemons.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dog Attacks Wag Hotel Employees in Santa Clara
- 1 Injured in Shooting Inside Caldecott Tunnel
- Brooks Koepka's bid for U.S. Open history comes up short at Pebble Beach
- Gary Woodland achieves Father's Day dream with U.S. Open win at Pebble Beach
- Kings fan makes good on pledge, gets married in Harry Giles jersey
- U.S. Open 2019 payouts: Prize money for Gary Woodland's Pebble Beach win
- U.S. Open recap: Gary Woodland holds off Brooks Koepka; Tiger, Phil fade
- Giants fail to sweep Brewers, still happy with how they are playing
- Bruce Bochy reacts to quirk at Oracle Park he had never seen before
- A's considering removing struggling Lou Trivino from late-inning role
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|