Sep 27, 2013, 6:01 PM PDT
Victory will no longer leave a foul taste in your mouth. MoGo, a popular mouthguard company, is teaming up with Warriors’ star point guard Stephen Curry to create a custom line of flavored mouthguards.
Curry tweeted the news on Friday.
Immediately, many questions came to mind. Will they taste like Curry himself? Now, that would be too weird, right? And if not, what flavor would they be? Field of Teams tracked down Curry at Warriors Media Day and got some tasteful answers.
“They approached me with the idea to endorse the flavored approach to mouthguards,” Curry said. “I’ve been wearing mouthguards since college and the taste of the material gets a little uncomfortable sometimes, to say the least.”
“We’ll have some lemon flavor, they’ll make a flavor with my name on it, so we’ll see,” Curry added.
Curry isn’t the only one seeking flavor while competing. According to MoGo’s website, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick uses a flavored mouthguard. His preferred flavor is fruit punch.
Curry’s younger brother, Seth, has also tested out the new mouthguards. Like a good younger brother, he has Steph’s back.
“Yeah, I’ve seen a few of them,” Seth said. “They taste good. I don’t remember the one I tried, but it’s pretty good.”
So, what does the Stephen Curry flavored mouthguard taste like? Apparently, lemons.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's Prize Patrol surprises Jason Maddy, family with $5,000
- Raiders can't take much away from preseason Canada debacle vs. Packers
- CC Sabathia wanted to play for Giants, and it almost happened twice
- Watch A's Prize Patrol surprise lucky fan Jason Maddy with $5,000
- Jimmy Garoppolo 'worst practice quarterback we've had,' Patriots analyst says
- Police Investigating Series of Arson Fires in East Bay
- Why Kings' De'Aaron Fox prefers playing in Sacramento than bigger-markets
- Artist: In Latest Oakland Warehouse Fire, People Lived There
- Frustrated San Jose Neighbors Wait Days For Mail Delivery
- SJPD Partners With Local Businesses to Create ‘Safe Zones'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|