Sep 28, 2013, 10:27 AM PDT
For a big man, Andrew Bogut is awfully sneaky. The Warriors’ center showed off his sense of humor at media day by pranking several of his teammates. Stephen Curry got the worst of it.
During Curry’s interview session, Bogut waited until someone asked a question about him, then grabbed a recorder from a media member and shimmied his way into the scrum. Positioned behind Curry, he moved the recorder closer and closer to Curry’s face until it was practically inside his mouth.
At that point, Curry got suspicious, but still didn’t know that it was the big Aussie playing a trick on him. After the laughs gave it away, Bogut fired off a question to Curry about his new Under Armor contract.
After pranking Curry, he moved on to mess with forward Harrison Barnes and guard Kent Bazemore.
“That was great,” Bogut said. “You’ve just got to change things up and lighten things up a bit, because you guys weren’t asking the tough questions.”
Bogut believes keeping it light is one of the keys to success. The Warriors are no strangers to pranks. Last season, they filled Bazemore’s car with popcorn.
Bogut also personally removed the wheels from center Festus Ezeli’s car last year.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- 49ers' new stadium reaches a major milestone
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- With young fan's signature on his back, Khris Davis hits huge homer
- Firefighter Died After Fire Retardant Drop on NorCal Blaze
- Giants eke out win thanks to Mets' 13th-inning blunder
- Giants Snap 4-Game Slide on Mets' Dropped Pop-Up in 13th
- 'Look out!' Giants take lead on Mets' 13th-inning error
- Khris Davis rocks jersey signed by young fan on Make-A-Wish night
- Crews Battle Three-Alarm House Fire Burning in East San Jose
- San Carlos Airport Begins Burning Man Flights This Week
- BART Studies Systemwide Gate Overhaul to Curb Fare Evaders
- Tony Watson gets Giants out of jam with clutch double play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|