Sep 28, 2013, 10:27 AM PDT
For a big man, Andrew Bogut is awfully sneaky. The Warriors’ center showed off his sense of humor at media day by pranking several of his teammates. Stephen Curry got the worst of it.
During Curry’s interview session, Bogut waited until someone asked a question about him, then grabbed a recorder from a media member and shimmied his way into the scrum. Positioned behind Curry, he moved the recorder closer and closer to Curry’s face until it was practically inside his mouth.
At that point, Curry got suspicious, but still didn’t know that it was the big Aussie playing a trick on him. After the laughs gave it away, Bogut fired off a question to Curry about his new Under Armor contract.
After pranking Curry, he moved on to mess with forward Harrison Barnes and guard Kent Bazemore.
“That was great,” Bogut said. “You’ve just got to change things up and lighten things up a bit, because you guys weren’t asking the tough questions.”
Bogut believes keeping it light is one of the keys to success. The Warriors are no strangers to pranks. Last season, they filled Bazemore’s car with popcorn.
Bogut also personally removed the wheels from center Festus Ezeli’s car last year.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Draymond to Curry to Durant earns Assist of the Year
- Iguodala does not capture Sixth Man of the Year award
- Group Files Paperwork to Recall Judge in Brock Turner Case
- San Jose to Crack Down on Food Handouts to Homeless
- WATCH: Giants Pregame Live
- Giants respond to Melancon report: 'It’s pole vaulting over mouse turds'
- Police Arrest 2015 Homicide Suspect During Credit Fraud Raid
- Buster Posey Visits Stanford Children's Hospital
- Man Convicted in 2014 SJ DUI Death Arrested on DUI Suspicion
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|