Sep 28, 2013, 10:27 AM PDT
For a big man, Andrew Bogut is awfully sneaky. The Warriors’ center showed off his sense of humor at media day by pranking several of his teammates. Stephen Curry got the worst of it.
During Curry’s interview session, Bogut waited until someone asked a question about him, then grabbed a recorder from a media member and shimmied his way into the scrum. Positioned behind Curry, he moved the recorder closer and closer to Curry’s face until it was practically inside his mouth.
At that point, Curry got suspicious, but still didn’t know that it was the big Aussie playing a trick on him. After the laughs gave it away, Bogut fired off a question to Curry about his new Under Armor contract.
After pranking Curry, he moved on to mess with forward Harrison Barnes and guard Kent Bazemore.
“That was great,” Bogut said. “You’ve just got to change things up and lighten things up a bit, because you guys weren’t asking the tough questions.”
Bogut believes keeping it light is one of the keys to success. The Warriors are no strangers to pranks. Last season, they filled Bazemore’s car with popcorn.
Bogut also personally removed the wheels from center Festus Ezeli’s car last year.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dogs Shot While Deputies Patrol Castro Valley Homeless Camp
- Raiders DC Paul Guenther calls Vontaze Burfict suspension 'a witch hunt'
- NFL trade deadline: Position-by-position look at 49ers' plan of attack
- Andre Iguodala discusses his NBA future, won't be like Vince Carter
- Richard Sherman says Jalen Ramsey has all leverage after Rams' trade
- Five observations from Warriors' 33-point preseason loss to Lakers
- Why George Kittle, Joe Staley spoke in Canadian accents in viral video
- Loma Prieta: Looking Back on the Earthquake 30 Years Later
- How 49ers might approach NFL trade deadline at each position
- How the Loma Prieta Earthquake Changed Sports
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|