Sep 30, 2013, 2:34 PM PST
We could be on the verge of seeing the largest NFL point spread ever.
In two weeks, the undefeated Broncos are set to take on the winless Jaguars in Denver, Co., and sports handicappers are already trying to figure out just how lopsided the beating will be.
“Barring any injuries or something very dramatic occurring, I would expect this to be the biggest (NFL) spread we have ever posted,” Bovada.LV sports book manager Kevin Bradley said via email.
The Broncos have been unstoppable this season. Manning has thrown a league-leading 16 touchdown passes and the Jaguars entire team combined has three touchdowns. The Broncos lead the NFL with 44.0 points-per-game and the Jaguars rank last with 7.8.
Bradley notes the Seahawks easily covered the 19.5 point spread against the Jaguars in Week Three. With that in mind, they think they will open with close to a four-touchdown spread.
Things have become so bad for the Jaguars that even the mascot is suffering.
According to NESN.com, the largest spread in NFL history was 27 points, which was for a 1976 game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Oh, the humanity.
The Raiders were defeated by the Broncos 37-21 last Monday. They meet again on December 29, in Oakland. The San Francisco 49ers won’t face the Broncos in the regular season, but the same sports handicappers had them picked to meet the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
The Raiders beat the Jaguars 19-9 in Week Two, and the 49ers will be playing the Jaguars in London on October 27.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Raiders discussions with Oakland Coliseum progressing, resolution could come soon
- Do Stephen, Seth Curry have a wager for who wins the 3-Point Contest?
- Visit Bend!
- UPS Driver Purposely Drove Slow, Over Spikes in Pursuit
- Andre Iguodala 'loves being that guy' to people rude to Steph Curry
- Bruce Bochy says Steven Duggar will get look as Giants' leadoff hitter
- Giants continue discussing trade options as they wait for Bryce Harper
- Kings quartet looks to make big splash at 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend
- Report: Giants agree to minor league deal with veteran outfielder Craig Gentry
- Risk of Flooding, Mudslides Remains After California Storm
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|