Sep 30, 2013, 1:35 PM PST
You’ll soon be able to take a seat in the 49ers’ new home. On Tuesday, the first seats will be installed inside Levi’s Stadium.
They will be installed in the lower bowl of the stadium, where roughly two-thirds of the venue’s 68,500 seats will be located. It is expected to take over 17,000 man-hours to complete the full installation process.
The 49ers claim the lower bowl at Levi’s Stadium will be one of the largest in the NFL and it’s expected to hold over 45,000 seats. According to a team release, the abundance of lower bowl seating is designed to bring the majority of the fans closer to the action.
The seats are manufactured in Hayward. At 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, there are a couple examples of the types of seats that will be found in the new stadium. Here’s a sneak peek.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Top players to watch when 49ers welcome Titans in Week 15
- Cause of Death Released for SD County Firefighter
- Nine More Women Accuse U.S. Judge of Sexual Misconduct
- Future in question, Raiders need hyphy Marshawn in final home game of 2017
- San Francisco Honors Late San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee
- 3 Arrested in Connection to 2016 Killing, 1 Suspect at Large
- Dodgers acquire Kemp in five-player trade, including former Giants infielder
- High Wind Advisories at Many Bay Area Bridges, Highways
- 49ers FB Kyle Juszczyk finishes first in Pro Bowl fan voting
- Anti-Tank Weapon Turned Over to SFPD at Gun Buyback
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|