Sep 30, 2013, 1:35 PM PDT
You’ll soon be able to take a seat in the 49ers’ new home. On Tuesday, the first seats will be installed inside Levi’s Stadium.
They will be installed in the lower bowl of the stadium, where roughly two-thirds of the venue’s 68,500 seats will be located. It is expected to take over 17,000 man-hours to complete the full installation process.
The 49ers claim the lower bowl at Levi’s Stadium will be one of the largest in the NFL and it’s expected to hold over 45,000 seats. According to a team release, the abundance of lower bowl seating is designed to bring the majority of the fans closer to the action.
The seats are manufactured in Hayward. At 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, there are a couple examples of the types of seats that will be found in the new stadium. Here’s a sneak peek.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Draymond to Curry to Durant earns Assist of the Year
- Iguodala does not capture Sixth Man of the Year award
- Group Files Paperwork to Recall Judge in Brock Turner Case
- San Jose to Crack Down on Food Handouts to Homeless
- WATCH: Giants Pregame Live
- Giants respond to Melancon report: 'It’s pole vaulting over mouse turds'
- Police Arrest 2015 Homicide Suspect During Credit Fraud Raid
- Buster Posey Visits Stanford Children's Hospital
- Man Convicted in 2014 SJ DUI Death Arrested on DUI Suspicion
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|