Sep 30, 2013, 1:35 PM PDT
You’ll soon be able to take a seat in the 49ers’ new home. On Tuesday, the first seats will be installed inside Levi’s Stadium.
They will be installed in the lower bowl of the stadium, where roughly two-thirds of the venue’s 68,500 seats will be located. It is expected to take over 17,000 man-hours to complete the full installation process.
The 49ers claim the lower bowl at Levi’s Stadium will be one of the largest in the NFL and it’s expected to hold over 45,000 seats. According to a team release, the abundance of lower bowl seating is designed to bring the majority of the fans closer to the action.
The seats are manufactured in Hayward. At 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, there are a couple examples of the types of seats that will be found in the new stadium. Here’s a sneak peek.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Warriors Pregame Live
- South Bay Students Use Tech To Study Religious Diversity
- Relocation approval 'offers more clarity' when Raiders recruit future free agents
- Warriors to update Durant's status on Wednesday
- Fire Scorches 420-Plus Tons of Hay at Fresno Ranch
- 49ers GM Lynch speaks with Harbaugh about Michigan prospects
- NFL centralizes replay reviews, Del Rio wants more freedom in challenges
- Student Filmmakers Get a Shot in Sonoma Int'l Film Fest
- Pursuit Ends in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Pittsburg
- A's Insider Podcast: Matt Joyce
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|