Sep 30, 2013, 1:35 PM PDT
You’ll soon be able to take a seat in the 49ers’ new home. On Tuesday, the first seats will be installed inside Levi’s Stadium.
They will be installed in the lower bowl of the stadium, where roughly two-thirds of the venue’s 68,500 seats will be located. It is expected to take over 17,000 man-hours to complete the full installation process.
The 49ers claim the lower bowl at Levi’s Stadium will be one of the largest in the NFL and it’s expected to hold over 45,000 seats. According to a team release, the abundance of lower bowl seating is designed to bring the majority of the fans closer to the action.
The seats are manufactured in Hayward. At 49ers headquarters in Santa Clara, there are a couple examples of the types of seats that will be found in the new stadium. Here’s a sneak peek.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- 49ers' new stadium reaches a major milestone
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- With young fan's signature on his back, Khris Davis hits huge homer
- Firefighter Died After Fire Retardant Drop on NorCal Blaze
- Giants eke out win thanks to Mets' 13th-inning blunder
- Giants Snap 4-Game Slide on Mets' Dropped Pop-Up in 13th
- 'Look out!' Giants take lead on Mets' 13th-inning error
- Khris Davis rocks jersey signed by young fan on Make-A-Wish night
- Crews Battle Three-Alarm House Fire Burning in East San Jose
- San Carlos Airport Begins Burning Man Flights This Week
- BART Studies Systemwide Gate Overhaul to Curb Fare Evaders
- Tony Watson gets Giants out of jam with clutch double play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|