Oct 1, 2013, 1:40 PM PDT
Nobody got more bang for their buck than the Oakland Athletics did in 2013. For a second season in a row, they were the most cost-efficient winning team in Major League Baseball.
As frequently as fans check the MLB standings, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the A’s front office kept an equally close eye on MLB’s cost-per-win rankings.
According to this awesome interactive chart by Ryan Sleeper, the A’s spent $631,922 per win. They were one of three teams that finished in the bottom 10 in payroll and the top 10 in wins. The Indians and Rays were the other two teams to pull it off.
The Astros spent $432,600 per win and the Marlins spent about $586,160, but neither team did much winning. Therefore, they weren’t really very efficient. Over at the site, you can see how well each team did with their payroll. It’s a pretty fun way to kill a few minutes.
You can also get in a good laugh at the Yankees expense. They spent $2,692,182 per win and didn’t make the playoffs.
Here are the rest of the A’s stats from OSMGuy.com
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kane leads Sharks to critical win on four-goal night
- Shot of the Game: Kane buries a rebound for first hat trick
- Shorthanded Warriors falter down the stretch in close loss to Kings
- Kings hang around and shock the Warriors
- Casspi rolls ankle, leaves game vs Kings
- New Car's Features Are Missing; Dealer Silent
- Kevin Durant's rib injury in his own words
- SF Public Works Rejects Tree Removal at Transamerica Pyramid
- Controversy Surrounds Retired Lieutenant's Bid for Sheriff
- Raiders to sign former 49ers defensive lineman
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|