Oct 4, 2013, 3:21 PM PST
Through about 100 google searches, we have managed to compile a large variety of expert picks for the A’s vs. Tigers American League Division Series matchup.
The majority of the writers seem to favor the Oakland Athletics. The vast majority believe it will be a five-game series. Over on CSNBayArea.com, Joe Stiglich put together the A’s five keys to ALDS success and we have the 10 reasons to root for the A’s on Field of Teams. The time for analysis has passed. Now it’s time to put up or shut up.
If there’s anything to be learned from our preseason picks, it’s that no one has a clue what is really going to happen. So, don’t take any of these picks as gospel.
The Predictions : (We’ll add more as we find them)
For what it’s worth, the sports books have the Tigers as favorites to advance to the ALCS.
Joe Stiglich: (CSN) A’s in 5
Casey Pratt (Field of Teams): A’s in 4
Jon Heyman (CBS) A’s in 5
Danny Knobler (CBS) Tigers in 5
Tim Kurkjian (ESPN): Tigers in 5
Jim Bowden (ESPN): A’s in 5
Jayson Stark (ESPN): Tigers in 5
Eric Karabell (ESPN): A’s in 5
Jim Caple (ESPN): Tigers in 4
Jerry Crasnick (ESPN): A’s in 5
David Schoenfield (ESPN): A’s in 5
Old Hoss Radbourn (Fox Sports): A’s in 5
Chris Iott (MLive – Tigers): Tigers in 5
James Schmehl (MLive – Tigers): A’s in 5
Dayn Perry (CBS Eye on Baseball): A’s in 5
D.J. Short (Hardball Talk): Tigers in 5
All nine Bless You Boys writers: Tigers win series
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Ever wonder how the Giants chalk their infield?
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Bad offense, not bad officiating, is main culprit for Sharks' skid
- Gameday: How the well-rested Nets will test the Durant-less Warriors
- Joel Embiid 'likes' Kevin Durant's postgame comments
- Steph Curry goes on rant over how Celtics-in-Finals comments were interpreted
- Warriors F Kevin Durant won't play vs Nets due to ankle injury
- Watch: Fleetwood gets emotional with family after Race to Dubai win
- SFO Is Among 10 Most Instagram-Worthy Airports in US: Report
- Matsuyama after Koepka rout: 'Huge gap between us'
- McCormick to caddie for Spieth at Aussie Open
- Rahm wins finale, Fleetwood takes Race to Dubai
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|