Oct 4, 2013, 3:21 PM PDT
Through about 100 google searches, we have managed to compile a large variety of expert picks for the A’s vs. Tigers American League Division Series matchup.
The majority of the writers seem to favor the Oakland Athletics. The vast majority believe it will be a five-game series. Over on CSNBayArea.com, Joe Stiglich put together the A’s five keys to ALDS success and we have the 10 reasons to root for the A’s on Field of Teams. The time for analysis has passed. Now it’s time to put up or shut up.
If there’s anything to be learned from our preseason picks, it’s that no one has a clue what is really going to happen. So, don’t take any of these picks as gospel.
The Predictions : (We’ll add more as we find them)
For what it’s worth, the sports books have the Tigers as favorites to advance to the ALCS.
Joe Stiglich: (CSN) A’s in 5
Casey Pratt (Field of Teams): A’s in 4
Jon Heyman (CBS) A’s in 5
Danny Knobler (CBS) Tigers in 5
Tim Kurkjian (ESPN): Tigers in 5
Jim Bowden (ESPN): A’s in 5
Jayson Stark (ESPN): Tigers in 5
Eric Karabell (ESPN): A’s in 5
Jim Caple (ESPN): Tigers in 4
Jerry Crasnick (ESPN): A’s in 5
David Schoenfield (ESPN): A’s in 5
Old Hoss Radbourn (Fox Sports): A’s in 5
Chris Iott (MLive – Tigers): Tigers in 5
James Schmehl (MLive – Tigers): A’s in 5
Dayn Perry (CBS Eye on Baseball): A’s in 5
D.J. Short (Hardball Talk): Tigers in 5
All nine Bless You Boys writers: Tigers win series
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Taking a closer look at Ryan's criticism of Shanahan
- Grace had 'no idea' his 62 was lowest in a major
- Johnny's call: Grace's 62 'sweet,' course 'really easy'
- Live blog, The Open: Day 3 at Royal Birkdale
- Grace becomes first man to shoot 62 in a major
- Watch: Full replays of The Open coverage
- Highlights: Brandon Crawford starts game with smooth backhand gem
- Headed for 100 losses, Giants quietly give up on "Don't Stop Believin'" tradition
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways as Giants lose marathon in extras to Padres
- Odd Reason Postpones Shoreline Amphitheatre Concert
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|