Oct 7, 2013, 2:07 PM PST
The Oakland Athletics defeated the Detroit Tigers in the third game of the American League Division Series. The raw emotion wasn’t limited to the field during the 6-3 win. Here’s a look at what went down through GIFs and the crazy tweets of the fans.
There will be total coverage from Detroit on CSNBayArea.com from Joe Stiglich and Kate Longworth.
Make sure to check out Comcast SportsNet California for October Quest before and after every postseason game.
Coco Crisps leads off the game with a double:
Josh Donaldson, Jed Lowrie, Brandon Moss and Yoenis Cespedes can’t drive him home. Cespedes strikes out with runners on the corners to end the top of the first inning:
Anibal Sanchez strands A’s leadoff runners for a second straight inning:
Jarrod Parker is scoreless through two frames:
A’s get two runners on to start the third inning but fail to move the runners over:
Cespedes smokes a ball toward third and Miguel Cabrera can’t handle it. Crisp comes around from second to score the A’s first run:
For the fourth consecutive inning, the A’s get the leadoff hitter on base. This time, it’s Josh Reddick, as he hits a solo home run to right field to give the A’s a 2-0 lead:
Stephen Vogt follows with a triple. He shows off his muscles before he continues to show off his wheels, by barely beating home the throw on a Crisp sacrifice fly to left field to make it 3-0:
Parker can’t secure the shutdown inning. The Tigers rally for three runs in the bottom of the fourth inning to tie the game:
The A’s answer back. Brandon Moss clubs a deep home run that forces Sanchez to lose his temper and the lead:
Sanchez is left in the game to face Seth Smith with a runner on first. Smith entered Game 3 with a career .368 average and three home runs against Sanchez. He crushes a two-run shot to give the A’s a 6-3 lead:
After the A’s take a three-run lead, they put the stranglehold on defensively. The Tigers can’t muster much of anything on offense against Dan Otero in the sixth and seventh innings. Sean Doolittle pitches a scoreless eighth frame:
Benches clear after A’s closer Grant Balfour and Martinez exchange bad words:
Balfour ends up getting the save as the A’s beat the Tigers 6-3 in Detroit. The A’s take a 2-1 series lead and can advance to the ALCS with a win on Tuesday.
For fun: Kevin Millar and Harold Reynolds make pregame predictions for Game 3:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Ever wonder how the Giants chalk their infield?
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Bad offense, not bad officiating, is main culprit for Sharks' skid
- Gameday: How the well-rested Nets will test the Durant-less Warriors
- Joel Embiid 'likes' Kevin Durant's postgame comments
- Steph Curry goes on rant over how Celtics-in-Finals comments were interpreted
- Warriors F Kevin Durant won't play vs Nets due to ankle injury
- Watch: Fleetwood gets emotional with family after Race to Dubai win
- SFO Is Among 10 Most Instagram-Worthy Airports in US: Report
- Matsuyama after Koepka rout: 'Huge gap between us'
- McCormick to caddie for Spieth at Aussie Open
- Rahm wins finale, Fleetwood takes Race to Dubai
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|