Oct 7, 2013, 3:10 PM PDT
That was evident late Sunday night, when the Raiders defeated the Chargers 27-17 at the Oakland Coliseum. The game slightly resembled a wrestling match during the third quarter when Chargers offensive lineman D.J. Fluker received an unnecessary roughness penalty for choke slamming Raiders linebacker Sio Moore. Moore’s weight is listed as 240 pounds and he got tossed like a rag doll.
Our Raiders Insider Scott Bair had the most apt description of the game in his weekly rewind feature.
The Raiders absorbed some body blows, but never crumpled to the mat. That’s a huge positive. It’s something they couldn’t overcome last week against Washington.
Moore wasn’t injured on the play, but he will likely be taking a ton of verbal abuse from his teammates upon looking at the film.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Oakland Considers Near $1M Payment For Teen in Sex Scandal
- Ex-Soccer Coach Arrested on Suspicion of Molesting Girl, 11
- Watch: Baby Zebra Runs Around in Hearst Castle
- Warriors, Cavs to square off in ultimate NBA Finals trilogy
- Wildlife Workers Save Pelican With CPR-Like Procedure
- More Legal Maneuvering in Mavericks Surf Saga
- Ex-UCSF Doctor Pleads Not Guilty in Bogus Prescriptions Case
- 4-Alarm Fire Prompts Evacuations in Downtown Stockton
- The Happy Hour: 'Very good idea' to legalize extended sports gambling
- Family Seeks Closure, Answers in Case of Missing Teen
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|