Oct 7, 2013, 3:10 PM PST
That was evident late Sunday night, when the Raiders defeated the Chargers 27-17 at the Oakland Coliseum. The game slightly resembled a wrestling match during the third quarter when Chargers offensive lineman D.J. Fluker received an unnecessary roughness penalty for choke slamming Raiders linebacker Sio Moore. Moore’s weight is listed as 240 pounds and he got tossed like a rag doll.
Our Raiders Insider Scott Bair had the most apt description of the game in his weekly rewind feature.
The Raiders absorbed some body blows, but never crumpled to the mat. That’s a huge positive. It’s something they couldn’t overcome last week against Washington.
Moore wasn’t injured on the play, but he will likely be taking a ton of verbal abuse from his teammates upon looking at the film.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Man Faces Murder Charge in Crash That Killed 4-Year-Old Girl
- Struggling SF Kink Cafe Turns to Crowdsourcing to Stay Open
- East Bay Mom Takes Holistic Approach to Fighting Off Flu
- Jack Cooley gets an All-Star vote
- San Jose Land Slated For High Rise is Contaminated: Lawsuit
- Sharks Unable to Cap Off Comeback Against MacKinnon, Avs
- Former Cal Women's Hoops Star Files Sexual Assault Lawsuit
- SF Won't Veer From Protecting Sanctuary City Policies: Mayor
- Sharks can't cap off comeback against MacKinnon, streaking Avalanche
- Flu Virus Can Be Spread Just From Breathing: New Study
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|