Oct 7, 2013, 3:10 PM PDT
That was evident late Sunday night, when the Raiders defeated the Chargers 27-17 at the Oakland Coliseum. The game slightly resembled a wrestling match during the third quarter when Chargers offensive lineman D.J. Fluker received an unnecessary roughness penalty for choke slamming Raiders linebacker Sio Moore. Moore’s weight is listed as 240 pounds and he got tossed like a rag doll.
Our Raiders Insider Scott Bair had the most apt description of the game in his weekly rewind feature.
The Raiders absorbed some body blows, but never crumpled to the mat. That’s a huge positive. It’s something they couldn’t overcome last week against Washington.
Moore wasn’t injured on the play, but he will likely be taking a ton of verbal abuse from his teammates upon looking at the film.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Caltrain's Rail Grinding Project to Reduce Noise
- Woman Whose Wedding Ring Was Stolen in SF Just Wants It Back
- SJ Flood Victims to Face off Against Politicians at Meeting
- Two Iron Workers Injured at Facebook Construction Site
- Judge Drops Most Charges Against Suspect Shot by SF Officers
- Ann Coulter, UC Berkeley Clash Over Canceled Visit
- Manaea felt 'little sharp pain', but status of shoulder not immediately known
- Morse, Arroyo stun Dodgers, lift Giants to thrilling comeback win
- High School Fight in East Bay Leaves One Girl Seriously Hurt
- Did Giants rookie Arroyo even know he hit first career homer off the bat?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|