Oct 7, 2013, 3:10 PM PDT
That was evident late Sunday night, when the Raiders defeated the Chargers 27-17 at the Oakland Coliseum. The game slightly resembled a wrestling match during the third quarter when Chargers offensive lineman D.J. Fluker received an unnecessary roughness penalty for choke slamming Raiders linebacker Sio Moore. Moore’s weight is listed as 240 pounds and he got tossed like a rag doll.
Our Raiders Insider Scott Bair had the most apt description of the game in his weekly rewind feature.
The Raiders absorbed some body blows, but never crumpled to the mat. That’s a huge positive. It’s something they couldn’t overcome last week against Washington.
Moore wasn’t injured on the play, but he will likely be taking a ton of verbal abuse from his teammates upon looking at the film.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ranking top 5 Raiders needs heading into the 2019 NFL Draft
- Giants vs. Pirates lineups: Derek Holland takes hill against NL's top team
- Tesla Wants to Cut Size of Board From 11 Directors to 7
- Body Found in Bay ID'd as Man Who Went Missing in Pacifica
- Pirates call-up a reminder that Giants waited too long to change
- A's vs. Blue Jays lineups: Mike Fiers takes ball in Game 2 of series
- NFL draft rumors: Cardinals will not take Kyler Murray with No. 1 pick
- Jimmy Garoppolo opens up about work he did with Mike Shanahan
- Lowry holds one-shot lead halfway through rainy RBC Heritage
- Phenom Bhatia, 17, makes Web.com Tour cut in Alabama
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|