Oct 7, 2013, 3:39 PM PDT
The specific details of the work were shared in a release from O.co Coliseum director of marketing, Kate Girotti:
At 9:31 PM a crew of more than 400 workers began the task of reconfiguring O.co Coliseum from back to back baseball games to an NFL ready stadium. The conversion was deemed “complete” at 3:00 PM and ready for pre-game warm ups and other rehearsals.
The overnight conversion, which was the 13th time the stadium conversion that has taken place since 2011, began at approximately 9:35 PM on Saturday, October 5th and was complete in just 17 hours, ending at 3:00 PM on Sunday, October 6th.
Conversion is a detailed process that involves relocating the pitching mounds to secure areas inside O.co Coliseum, installing 6,679 seats, removing the foul poles and installing goal posts as well as paining the field and rebranding the stadium.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|