Oct 7, 2013, 3:39 PM PDT
The specific details of the work were shared in a release from O.co Coliseum director of marketing, Kate Girotti:
At 9:31 PM a crew of more than 400 workers began the task of reconfiguring O.co Coliseum from back to back baseball games to an NFL ready stadium. The conversion was deemed “complete” at 3:00 PM and ready for pre-game warm ups and other rehearsals.
The overnight conversion, which was the 13th time the stadium conversion that has taken place since 2011, began at approximately 9:35 PM on Saturday, October 5th and was complete in just 17 hours, ending at 3:00 PM on Sunday, October 6th.
Conversion is a detailed process that involves relocating the pitching mounds to secure areas inside O.co Coliseum, installing 6,679 seats, removing the foul poles and installing goal posts as well as paining the field and rebranding the stadium.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
- New Details Emerge in Case of Missing SF Uber Driver
- Giants lineup: Hernandez in, Slater out
- Earthquakes players react to Kinnear's firing, Leitch's promotion
- Fireworks Enforcement Ramps Up for Fourth of July
- Vogt has that 'rejuvenation feeling' going from A's to first-place Brewers
- Tierney, Sorensen among players qualified by Sharks
- With Duffy's uncertain health, Rays reportedly trade for another shortstop
- Facebook May Be Creating Original TV Shows: Report
- Earthquakes GM defends firing coach: 'I think this team can achieve more'
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|