Oct 7, 2013, 3:39 PM PST
The specific details of the work were shared in a release from O.co Coliseum director of marketing, Kate Girotti:
At 9:31 PM a crew of more than 400 workers began the task of reconfiguring O.co Coliseum from back to back baseball games to an NFL ready stadium. The conversion was deemed “complete” at 3:00 PM and ready for pre-game warm ups and other rehearsals.
The overnight conversion, which was the 13th time the stadium conversion that has taken place since 2011, began at approximately 9:35 PM on Saturday, October 5th and was complete in just 17 hours, ending at 3:00 PM on Sunday, October 6th.
Conversion is a detailed process that involves relocating the pitching mounds to secure areas inside O.co Coliseum, installing 6,679 seats, removing the foul poles and installing goal posts as well as paining the field and rebranding the stadium.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- New A's player Craig Gentry has a very strange nickname
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Stephen Curry's palatial Oakland penthouse is for sale
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Kings trio puts on a show at 2019 NBA Rising Stars Challenge in Charlotte
- Records Challenge Nebraska's Account of Washington Case
- Why Colin Kaepernick's NFL settlement doesn't mean he'll rejoin league
- 75-Year-Old Woman Miraculously Survives Sausalito Landslide
- Klay Thompson volunteers his time to kick off All-Star Weekend in Charlotte
- Get primed for the NBA 3-point shooting contest featuring Curry vs. Curry
- UPS Driver Praised for Purposely Driving Slow During Pursuit
- Bat Found at Southland Mall Tests Positive for Rabies
- Oakland Teachers May Strike Next Week
- Steph Curry sits down for exclusive interview from NBA All-Star Weekend
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|