Oct 7, 2013, 3:39 PM PDT
The specific details of the work were shared in a release from O.co Coliseum director of marketing, Kate Girotti:
At 9:31 PM a crew of more than 400 workers began the task of reconfiguring O.co Coliseum from back to back baseball games to an NFL ready stadium. The conversion was deemed “complete” at 3:00 PM and ready for pre-game warm ups and other rehearsals.
The overnight conversion, which was the 13th time the stadium conversion that has taken place since 2011, began at approximately 9:35 PM on Saturday, October 5th and was complete in just 17 hours, ending at 3:00 PM on Sunday, October 6th.
Conversion is a detailed process that involves relocating the pitching mounds to secure areas inside O.co Coliseum, installing 6,679 seats, removing the foul poles and installing goal posts as well as paining the field and rebranding the stadium.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Taking a closer look at Ryan's criticism of Shanahan
- Grace had 'no idea' his 62 was lowest in a major
- Johnny's call: Grace's 62 'sweet,' course 'really easy'
- Live blog, The Open: Day 3 at Royal Birkdale
- Grace becomes first man to shoot 62 in a major
- Watch: Full replays of The Open coverage
- Highlights: Brandon Crawford starts game with smooth backhand gem
- Headed for 100 losses, Giants quietly give up on "Don't Stop Believin'" tradition
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways as Giants lose marathon in extras to Padres
- Odd Reason Postpones Shoreline Amphitheatre Concert
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|