Oct 7, 2013, 5:41 PM PDT
UPDATE: The Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Boston Red Sox 5-4 on Monday night. The Oakland Athletics-Detroit Tigers game will be played at 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday. Comcast SportsNet California will begin pregame coverage at 1:00 p.m. with October Quest.
The Oakland Athletics are one win away from going to the American League Championship Series. Their pursuit may have to wait a little bit longer.
If the Boston Red Sox sweep the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night, the A’s and Detroit Tigers will play at 4:07 p.m. instead of 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time. Major League Baseball wants the A’s and Tigers playing in prime time if the other series is over.
The later start time would be better for everyone involved. A lot of Bay Area fans were forced to miss Game Three of the A’s-Tigers series due to a much-too-early start time of 10 a.m. on Monday morning.
The Rays and Red Sox are currently tied in the fifth inning in Tampa Bay.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Warriors placed a call to Dwyane Wade
- San Francisco Becomes First City to Sue Equifax After Breach
- Berkeley Police Make $1 Million Drug Bust at Residence
- Crews Battle Two-Alarm House Fire in San Jose
- Report: Dwyane Wade nearing agreement with Cavs
- SF Officials Set Up Cooling Centers Ahead of Midweek Heat
- The adjustment is going to take some time for Bogdan Bogdanovic
- Maybe our wanting him to play isn’t the best thing for Colin Kaepernick
- Klay Thompson: 'I worked harder this summer because...'
- Patriot Prayer Plans March, Rally in Berkeley
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|