Oct 7, 2013, 5:41 PM PST
UPDATE: The Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Boston Red Sox 5-4 on Monday night. The Oakland Athletics-Detroit Tigers game will be played at 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday. Comcast SportsNet California will begin pregame coverage at 1:00 p.m. with October Quest.
The Oakland Athletics are one win away from going to the American League Championship Series. Their pursuit may have to wait a little bit longer.
If the Boston Red Sox sweep the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night, the A’s and Detroit Tigers will play at 4:07 p.m. instead of 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time. Major League Baseball wants the A’s and Tigers playing in prime time if the other series is over.
The later start time would be better for everyone involved. A lot of Bay Area fans were forced to miss Game Three of the A’s-Tigers series due to a much-too-early start time of 10 a.m. on Monday morning.
The Rays and Red Sox are currently tied in the fifth inning in Tampa Bay.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Congressional Report Confirms NBC Bay Area Investigation
- 49ers-Seahawks injury report: Jaquiski Tartt out for second straight game
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- 49ers vs. Seahawks live stream: How to watch NFL Week 15 game online
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul wide receiver corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|