Oct 7, 2013, 5:41 PM PDT
UPDATE: The Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Boston Red Sox 5-4 on Monday night. The Oakland Athletics-Detroit Tigers game will be played at 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday. Comcast SportsNet California will begin pregame coverage at 1:00 p.m. with October Quest.
The Oakland Athletics are one win away from going to the American League Championship Series. Their pursuit may have to wait a little bit longer.
If the Boston Red Sox sweep the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night, the A’s and Detroit Tigers will play at 4:07 p.m. instead of 2:07 p.m. Pacific Time. Major League Baseball wants the A’s and Tigers playing in prime time if the other series is over.
The later start time would be better for everyone involved. A lot of Bay Area fans were forced to miss Game Three of the A’s-Tigers series due to a much-too-early start time of 10 a.m. on Monday morning.
The Rays and Red Sox are currently tied in the fifth inning in Tampa Bay.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|