Oct 8, 2013, 1:11 PM PDT
The Bay Area features a few very divided fan bases. The A’s/Giants and 49ers/Raiders share parts of the Bay Area, but these heat maps based on Facebook likes paint an interesting picture about their actual territory.
The maps were created by monitoring the cumulative number of people who like the respective pages of the Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. The darkest spots on the map represent the highest amount of likes. Based on the data, it’s pretty clear the San Francisco teams are dominating the market.
Highest percentage of fans per city:
Giants: Daly City
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Remains of Woman Who Disappeared While Shopping Identified
- SFO Travelers To and From London React to Terror Attack
- iCloud Hacked, 200M iPhone Users' Data in Danger: Report
- High School Investigates Alleged Cyberbullying Incident
- Anderson Dam Seismic Vulnerability Concerns Nearby Residents
- Tow Truck Crashes Into Hwy. 101 Divider in SF, Injuring One
- Tyreke Evans: I play best with the ball in my hands
- Highlights: Kings can't keep up with athletic Bucks
- Joerger: Kings big man Cauley-Stein getting closer with more experience
- Can Skal see himself as an Antetokounmpo in the future?
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|