Oct 8, 2013, 1:11 PM PDT
The Bay Area features a few very divided fan bases. The A’s/Giants and 49ers/Raiders share parts of the Bay Area, but these heat maps based on Facebook likes paint an interesting picture about their actual territory.
The maps were created by monitoring the cumulative number of people who like the respective pages of the Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. The darkest spots on the map represent the highest amount of likes. Based on the data, it’s pretty clear the San Francisco teams are dominating the market.
Highest percentage of fans per city:
Giants: Daly City
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- As Tyler Beede struggles, opponent provides example of what can come
- NFL issues statement on ex-Raider Antonio Brown's status after release
- Giants eliminated from NL playoff contention with 6-0 loss to Braves
- Family Wants Governor to Keep Convicted Killer in Prison
- WATCH: Rangers vs. A's
- Crawford runs a mile, makes incredible sliding catch in front of dugout
- A's vs. Rangers lineups: Mike Fiers makes first start since hand issue
- Concerns Over Mountain Lion Deaths in Bay Area
- Mark Melancon excited to face Giants for first time since Braves trade
- What Drives You: Kyle Juszczyk, 49ers teammates on motivation
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|