Oct 8, 2013, 1:11 PM PST
The Bay Area features a few very divided fan bases. The A’s/Giants and 49ers/Raiders share parts of the Bay Area, but these heat maps based on Facebook likes paint an interesting picture about their actual territory.
The maps were created by monitoring the cumulative number of people who like the respective pages of the Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. The darkest spots on the map represent the highest amount of likes. Based on the data, it’s pretty clear the San Francisco teams are dominating the market.
Highest percentage of fans per city:
Giants: Daly City
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bucket-by-bucket: Kosta Koufos erupts for season-high 16 vs Nuggets
- Instant Analysis: Kings buried by Nuggets despite solid effort from veterans
- 11 Tied to Hells Angels Indicted for Racketeering: Officials
- 'Painted Lady' Portable Restroom Unveiled in San Francisco
- Shot of the Game: Vinsanity relives his 2000 Dunk Contest
- Partial Settlement Reached in 2015 Berkeley Balcony Collapse
- Special Olympics Floor Hockey Event Lifts Sharks' Spirit
- Search For Missing Boater Continues Off Half Moon Bay Coast
- President Trump vs. Marshawn Lynch: Who wins?
- Feds Investigate Small Plane Crash Into San Jose House
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|