Oct 8, 2013, 1:11 PM PDT
The Bay Area features a few very divided fan bases. The A’s/Giants and 49ers/Raiders share parts of the Bay Area, but these heat maps based on Facebook likes paint an interesting picture about their actual territory.
The maps were created by monitoring the cumulative number of people who like the respective pages of the Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. The darkest spots on the map represent the highest amount of likes. Based on the data, it’s pretty clear the San Francisco teams are dominating the market.
Highest percentage of fans per city:
Giants: Daly City
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Marshawn Lynch to remain with Raiders in 2018
- Facebook Seeks to Expand Northern California Campus
- Jailhouse Video Shows Deputies Watching as Inmate Dies
- Warriors need vets to bounce back against young Suns
- After upsetting Warriors, Kings battle schedule with fifth game in seven days
- Stenson one clear of loaded leaderboard at Bay Hill
- TT postscript: Many birdies, but not much momentum
- Rose thrives in Tiger's group, shoots 67 at Bay Hill
- Lesson with Faxon gets McIlroy's putting on track
- Where does Evander Kane's four-goal game rank in Sharks history?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|