Oct 9, 2013, 9:05 AM PDT
After a gut-wrenching loss by the Oakland Athletics in Detroit, the San Jose Sharks soothed the vicious sting with an epic 9-2 win over the Rangers. Tomas Hertl, 19, doesn’t even own a car, but he drove the Sharks’ offense.
The 17th overall pick in the 2012 draft became a household name by scoring four goals on Tuesday night at the Shark Tank.
Fans in teal are feeling the Hertl Power.
Hertl has six goals in the past two games. He already had a hat trick when he scored this unreal between the legs goal. The kid is just showing off at this point.
Hockey fans and Hertl’s teammates alike were left dazzled by his performance. According to Elias Sports Bureau, Hertl became the youngest player to score four goals in a game since Jimmy Carson in 1988. Our Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz notes that Owen Nolan is the only other Sharks player to put four in net in one game.
With Hertl around, this Penguins ice girl would be in serious danger if she worked in San Jose.
Hertl could be the most dangerous man with a hockey stick since Danny Trejo.
Hats off to our links.
Field of Links:
— Little Papi hits Big Papi in the little papi? This is the funniest GIF ever.
— The A’s aren’t the only ones with Coliseum lease issues. The Raiders must renegotiate to allow their trip to London.
— After a 31-3 loss to the 49ers, an idiotic Texans fan accosted Matt Schaub at his home. CBS in Houston has the scoop:
“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Sharks Pregame Live
- Madson focused on his pitching, not his role in A's bullpen
- Cueto toys with young prospect in Giants minor league game
- Barricaded Man in Santa Clara Surrenders to Police
- San Jose Police Investigate Suspicious Death Near School
- Kerr expects minutes restriction when Durant first comes back to Warriors
- Steph Curry signs autographs for Jr. Road Warriors
- Steve Kerr congratulates Mission High for state basketball championship
- All In: Mayor Schaaf Pleads for Raiders to Stay in Oakland
- Kerr, Warriors in preliminary stages of planning for Durant's return
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|