Oct 11, 2013, 10:02 AM PST
He also admitted that he saw the posters of his ex-girlfriend, Kate Upton, in the crowd. How good is it to be Verlander? The worst thing people can do to him is bring photos of his supermodel ex-girlfriend to the game, and the worst pain he felt on Thursday night was the sting of champagne in his eyes.
What a tough gig. Verlander is 4-0 in five career postseason starts against the A’s.
He is their kryptonite. Someone even updated the A’s Wikipedia page to indicate that Verlander is the team’s owner. It has since been fixed, but will live on forever thanks to a quick screen grab.
So, what could the A’s have done differently?
“I don’t know, not play Detroit again,” A’s third baseman Josh Donaldson said sarcastically. “I don’t have that answer. If I had that answer I would have said something a long time ago.”
The A’s have lost their last six elimination games, thus allowing whatever this is to happen.
— Watch this brutal choke slam by Chargers lineman D.J. Fluker on Raiders linebacker Sio Moore. Which player do you think ended up injured?
If you guessed Moore, you are wrong. It was recently revealed that Fluker actually injured his calf on the play. Moore left the game briefly but returned to the field after taking a breather.
— Tomas Hertl may have started an NHL trend with his between-the-legs goal on Tuesday night.
Hertl’s effort was a bit snazzier.
— So, Colin Kaepernick is on the 49ers’ injury report. No one is talking about it, though.
It is perfectly fine to talk about these links.
Field of Links:
— Former A’s pitcher Mark Mulder has discovered the greatest called third strike call ever. Whoomp there it is!
— Arian Foster is an excellent running back. He’s even better at video bombing. Wait a minute… Is he on a segway?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bucket-by-bucket: Kosta Koufos erupts for season-high 16 vs Nuggets
- Instant Analysis: Kings buried by Nuggets despite solid effort from veterans
- 11 Tied to Hells Angels Indicted for Racketeering: Officials
- 'Painted Lady' Portable Restroom Unveiled in San Francisco
- Shot of the Game: Vinsanity relives his 2000 Dunk Contest
- Partial Settlement Reached in 2015 Berkeley Balcony Collapse
- Special Olympics Floor Hockey Event Lifts Sharks' Spirit
- Search For Missing Boater Continues Off Half Moon Bay Coast
- President Trump vs. Marshawn Lynch: Who wins?
- Feds Investigate Small Plane Crash Into San Jose House
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|