Oct 11, 2013, 10:02 AM PDT
He also admitted that he saw the posters of his ex-girlfriend, Kate Upton, in the crowd. How good is it to be Verlander? The worst thing people can do to him is bring photos of his supermodel ex-girlfriend to the game, and the worst pain he felt on Thursday night was the sting of champagne in his eyes.
What a tough gig. Verlander is 4-0 in five career postseason starts against the A’s.
He is their kryptonite. Someone even updated the A’s Wikipedia page to indicate that Verlander is the team’s owner. It has since been fixed, but will live on forever thanks to a quick screen grab.
So, what could the A’s have done differently?
“I don’t know, not play Detroit again,” A’s third baseman Josh Donaldson said sarcastically. “I don’t have that answer. If I had that answer I would have said something a long time ago.”
The A’s have lost their last six elimination games, thus allowing whatever this is to happen.
— Watch this brutal choke slam by Chargers lineman D.J. Fluker on Raiders linebacker Sio Moore. Which player do you think ended up injured?
If you guessed Moore, you are wrong. It was recently revealed that Fluker actually injured his calf on the play. Moore left the game briefly but returned to the field after taking a breather.
— Tomas Hertl may have started an NHL trend with his between-the-legs goal on Tuesday night.
Hertl’s effort was a bit snazzier.
— So, Colin Kaepernick is on the 49ers’ injury report. No one is talking about it, though.
It is perfectly fine to talk about these links.
Field of Links:
— Former A’s pitcher Mark Mulder has discovered the greatest called third strike call ever. Whoomp there it is!
— Arian Foster is an excellent running back. He’s even better at video bombing. Wait a minute… Is he on a segway?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr explains how Steph Curry has to be better in particular area
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Why Raiders will play five straight games away from home in 2019 season
- Despite some improvements, Giants' Drew Pomeranz is off to a slow start
- Warriors enter Game 3 searching for 'killer instinct' they used to have
- Giants lose series to Nationals with 4-2 loss
- IPO Mania: Zoom, Pinterest Surge in Market Debuts
- Giants' Bruce Bochy, Brandon Belt frustrated by calls behind the plate
- Tempers flare as Giants' bats go quiet in loss to Nationals
- Corbin Earns 1st Win With Nationals, Beats Giants 4-2
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|