Oct 14, 2013, 5:19 PM PDT
The Sacramento Kings hope to be in their new state-of-the-art arena by 2016, but until they can break ground and build the place, they will be playing at Sleep Train Arena. With that in mind, they have upgraded their current home in advance of the 2013-2014 season.
The Kings paid to add over 90 new wireless internet access points. The internet upgrade is expected to handle up to five-times the amount of people on the network, increasing its capacity by the thousands. They also upgraded the cellular service at the arena.
Sleep Train Arena was originally built in 1988, and had been prone to leaks on rainy days. That’s apparently a problem of the past, because the Kings patched up the roof. They re-tarred the whole surface of the arena. Speaking of tar, they also patched the pot holes in the parking lot.
Best of all, the Kings say they are focusing on a “Farm to Fork” approach at their concessions stands. They have added locally sourced foods and are going to be featuring locally crafted brew.
The Kings weren’t quite ready to unveil the full list of breweries that will be featured, but they say they will alternate the beer selection throughout the year.
The Kings host the Los Angeles Clippers at 7:00 p.m. on Monday night and officially tip off the season at Sleep Train Arena on October 30.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gossett gets no support from offense, A's blanked by Seattle
- Arrest Made in Purse Snatching That Injured Elderly Woman
- Jed York Says 49ers Abstained From NFL Anthem Vote
- 49ers unveil 1994 throwback uniforms to be worn for one game
- Bay Area Voters Accidentally Unregistered
- Semien's error costs Gossett in A's 1-0 loss to Mariners
- Tesla: Autopilot Was Not Engaged in East Bay Pond Crash
- Tip of Aer Lingus Plane Wing Hits Concrete Wall at SFO
- Judge Dismisses Charges Against 49ers Reuben Foster
- Uber Ends Self-Driving Program in Arizona After Fatal Crash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|