Oct 14, 2013, 5:40 PM PST
After a successful career as a professional basketball player and television analyst, could Jim Barnett be ready to take a bite out of the world of competitive eating? Barnett, 69, is entering his final season as Comcast SportsNet’s Warriors analyst, but don’t expect him to push San Jose’s star eaters Joey Chestnut or Matt Stonie to the limits on the Major League Eating circuit.
Barnett put down just four hot dogs in 10 minutes as part of a Golden State Warriors season countdown event on Monday. That number doesn’t sound too impressive, but it is double the amount of his goal going in.
Warriors’ hype man Franco Finn ate six hot dogs to win the event at Wienerschnitzel in Alameda. That’s a far cry from the 69 hot dogs and buns consumed by Chestnut in the same period of time at this year’s Nathan’s World Famous Hot Dog Eating Competition.
Barnett and Finn were joined by Matt Hoffman, a Warriors season ticket holder. Hoffman ate 5 1/2 hot dogs. He didn’t win the event, but he did win the chance to compete. The Warriors open the season on October 30, at Oracle Arena.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul WR corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
- Raiders-Bengals injury report: Kelechi Osemele out, Gabe Jackson questionable
- California Moves to Eliminate Fossil Fuels From Its Bus Fleet
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|