Oct 14, 2013, 5:40 PM PDT
After a successful career as a professional basketball player and television analyst, could Jim Barnett be ready to take a bite out of the world of competitive eating? Barnett, 69, is entering his final season as Comcast SportsNet’s Warriors analyst, but don’t expect him to push San Jose’s star eaters Joey Chestnut or Matt Stonie to the limits on the Major League Eating circuit.
Barnett put down just four hot dogs in 10 minutes as part of a Golden State Warriors season countdown event on Monday. That number doesn’t sound too impressive, but it is double the amount of his goal going in.
Warriors’ hype man Franco Finn ate six hot dogs to win the event at Wienerschnitzel in Alameda. That’s a far cry from the 69 hot dogs and buns consumed by Chestnut in the same period of time at this year’s Nathan’s World Famous Hot Dog Eating Competition.
Barnett and Finn were joined by Matt Hoffman, a Warriors season ticket holder. Hoffman ate 5 1/2 hot dogs. He didn’t win the event, but he did win the chance to compete. The Warriors open the season on October 30, at Oracle Arena.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ranking top 5 Raiders needs heading into the 2019 NFL Draft
- Giants vs. Pirates lineups: Derek Holland takes hill against NL's top team
- Tesla Wants to Cut Size of Board From 11 Directors to 7
- Body Found in Bay ID'd as Man Who Went Missing in Pacifica
- Pirates call-up a reminder that Giants waited too long to change
- A's vs. Blue Jays lineups: Mike Fiers takes ball in Game 2 of series
- NFL draft rumors: Cardinals will not take Kyler Murray with No. 1 pick
- Jimmy Garoppolo opens up about work he did with Mike Shanahan
- Lowry holds one-shot lead halfway through rainy RBC Heritage
- Phenom Bhatia, 17, makes Web.com Tour cut in Alabama
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|