Oct 15, 2013, 9:37 AM PDT
There are three undefeated teams remaining in the National Hockey League. Two of them do battle on Tuesday night when the San Jose Sharks take on the St. Louis Blues.
It might be a little too early to hype a battle of unbeaten teams, but the game definitely takes on more meaning. Just ask the guys in the sweaters and skates.
“I think there’s something about it. You want to take it as far as you can,” Dan Boyle told Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz. “We were 7-0 last year and it was a good feeling, and so we’re kind of feeling the same things now. You want to take it as far as you can, and you want to be the last team standing, I guess.”
— While you were sleeping, the Golden State Warriors weren’t messing around in Beijing, China. Warriors coach Mark Jackson kept his starters on the court into the fourth quarter to beat the Los Angeles Lakers 100-95 in preseason action. The move helped the Warriors make up an 11-point deficit against a Lakers team that was playing without Kobe Bryant. Next stop: Shanghai.
— Bears won the internet on Monday. In the morning, video of a bear playing tetherball became one of the most captivating clicks around.
Drunk off fame and with a belly full of picnic baskets, the same bear put on a Dodgers jersey and decided to dance on the dugout in Los Angeles during the National League Championship Series. Fans had to grin and bear it as he was escorted out by security after doing several painful jump splits.
OK. Maybe the second one wasn’t a real bear.
Field of Links:
— The ridiculous bear wasn’t the most unbelievable act in Los Angeles on Monday night. Check out Yasiel Puig’s over-the-top celebrations on this triple. Note the bat flip on a ball that doesn’t leave the ballpark. Oops.
— That Curry shot was money, but this lady is now rolling in cash after taking home the second biggest win total ever on The Price is Right.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- Steph Curry explains his new flavored mouthguards
- Sharks show their toughness in Saturday night bout with Islanders
- Sharks lay the hammer on Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night'
- Watch Rajon Rondo punch Chris Paul in Lakers-Rockets NBA brawl
- Shot of the Game: Brent Burns scores his first goal of the season
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in San Jose's 4-1 win over the Islanders
- Brent Burns' first goal of the season sounds even better in Spanish
- 'GOL LOS TIBURONES DE SAN JOSE!' Joonas Donskoi give Sharks a 2-1 lead
- Watch the Sharks' goals vs. Islanders on 'Los Tiburones Night' in Spanish
- Sharks fan catches puck while on the phone
- Tiempo de Timo: Meier scores for Sharks on 'Los Tiburones Night'
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|