Oct 15, 2013, 9:37 AM PDT
There are three undefeated teams remaining in the National Hockey League. Two of them do battle on Tuesday night when the San Jose Sharks take on the St. Louis Blues.
It might be a little too early to hype a battle of unbeaten teams, but the game definitely takes on more meaning. Just ask the guys in the sweaters and skates.
“I think there’s something about it. You want to take it as far as you can,” Dan Boyle told Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz. “We were 7-0 last year and it was a good feeling, and so we’re kind of feeling the same things now. You want to take it as far as you can, and you want to be the last team standing, I guess.”
— While you were sleeping, the Golden State Warriors weren’t messing around in Beijing, China. Warriors coach Mark Jackson kept his starters on the court into the fourth quarter to beat the Los Angeles Lakers 100-95 in preseason action. The move helped the Warriors make up an 11-point deficit against a Lakers team that was playing without Kobe Bryant. Next stop: Shanghai.
— Bears won the internet on Monday. In the morning, video of a bear playing tetherball became one of the most captivating clicks around.
Drunk off fame and with a belly full of picnic baskets, the same bear put on a Dodgers jersey and decided to dance on the dugout in Los Angeles during the National League Championship Series. Fans had to grin and bear it as he was escorted out by security after doing several painful jump splits.
OK. Maybe the second one wasn’t a real bear.
Field of Links:
— The ridiculous bear wasn’t the most unbelievable act in Los Angeles on Monday night. Check out Yasiel Puig’s over-the-top celebrations on this triple. Note the bat flip on a ball that doesn’t leave the ballpark. Oops.
— That Curry shot was money, but this lady is now rolling in cash after taking home the second biggest win total ever on The Price is Right.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|