Oct 18, 2013, 2:07 PM PDT
The father of Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald took to Twitter on Friday and accidentally flamed 49ers fans. Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@fitzbeatsr), tweeted the following picture with Cardinals coach Bruce Arians accompanied by a bold statement.
The tweet received mixed responses from the fans.
The Cardinals lost to the Seattle Seahawks 34-22 on Thursday night, so the performance of Russell Wilson would be fresher in the mind of the Cardinals’ coach (if he did actually say this). For what it’s worth, the 49ers beat the Cardinals 32-20 last Sunday.
Wilson scored three touchdowns and threw for 235 yards against the Cardinals on Thursday. Kaepernick threw for 252 yards and two touchdowns against them on Sunday. Wilson’s performance was better, but not by a staggering amount.
The two young signal callers are often compared to each other. At this point, it’s hard to argue that one is much better than the other. Kaepernick helped lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl last season and just missed winning it. Wilson’s Seahawks lost to the Atlanta Falcons in the Division game.
Here are Wilson and Kaepernick’s 2013 stats:
(Wilson / Kaepernick)
Games: 7 / 6
Completion Percentage: 61.5 / 55.9
Touchdowns: 11 / 8
Passing Yards: 1,489 / 1,221
Interceptions: 4 / 5
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: 49ers set to meet with free agent Nicks
- WrestleMania XXXI results from Levi's Stadium
- Rewind: Sharks show some fight as they close out long road trip
- What they’re saying: WrestleMania XXXI at Levi’s Stadium
- Instant Replay: Sharks battle, but fall to Pens in shootout
- Seahawks bring back DL Demarcus Dobbs
- Ownage is ownage, and history favors West-routing Warriors
- Posey leads Giants to win over Dodgers
- Final Four set: Three No. 1's and Tom Izzo
- Graveman goes into 7th inning, A's beat Brewers 7-0
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|