Oct 18, 2013, 2:07 PM PDT
The father of Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald took to Twitter on Friday and accidentally flamed 49ers fans. Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@fitzbeatsr), tweeted the following picture with Cardinals coach Bruce Arians accompanied by a bold statement.
The tweet received mixed responses from the fans.
The Cardinals lost to the Seattle Seahawks 34-22 on Thursday night, so the performance of Russell Wilson would be fresher in the mind of the Cardinals’ coach (if he did actually say this). For what it’s worth, the 49ers beat the Cardinals 32-20 last Sunday.
Wilson scored three touchdowns and threw for 235 yards against the Cardinals on Thursday. Kaepernick threw for 252 yards and two touchdowns against them on Sunday. Wilson’s performance was better, but not by a staggering amount.
The two young signal callers are often compared to each other. At this point, it’s hard to argue that one is much better than the other. Kaepernick helped lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl last season and just missed winning it. Wilson’s Seahawks lost to the Atlanta Falcons in the Division game.
Here are Wilson and Kaepernick’s 2013 stats:
(Wilson / Kaepernick)
Games: 7 / 6
Completion Percentage: 61.5 / 55.9
Touchdowns: 11 / 8
Passing Yards: 1,489 / 1,221
Interceptions: 4 / 5
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Shot of the Game: Joe Thornton nets 16th goal of season on 4-on-4
- 'Concerned' Sharks can't look too far into future after loss to Vegas
- Logan Couture scores twice, but Sharks routed by Vegas at home
- Oakland Fire Captain Sues Dept. Over Rescinded Promotion
- Relocation of SJ Homeless Camp to Willow Glen Placed on Hold
- Sharks Fall to Golden Knights For 2nd Straight Loss at Home
- Warriors Outsiders Podcast: Dubs lose to Spurs in Andrew Bogut's debut
- Sharks takeaways: What we learned in 7-3 home loss to Golden Knights
- Andrew Bogut fares well in reunion with Warriors after a hectic few days
- PG&E Emails Warned About Line That Sparked Camp Fire
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|