Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 PM PST
In a shocking development, the Golden State Warriors bumped into their former mascot, Thunder, before they departed Shanghai, China. The absurdly buff blue hype man with lightning bolts protruding from his head hadn’t been seen since he was given the pink slip prior to the 2008-2009 NBA season. He was let go because the new Oklahoma City basketball franchise decided to call themselves by the same name.
Thunder apparently fell in love with the culture during the Warriors’ previous trip to China, so he went back there for good. Five years later, he happened to run into his former employers while they were on their most recent overseas tour. You’ll never believe this, but Thunder took the time to update Bay Area fans on his new life. Who knew he could talk?
Thunder appears to be in good health and happy with his decision to leave America. Good for him. The large blue man hardly sticks out like a sore thumb in his new surroundings.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Cosell: It's fascinating that Kelly clearly didn't want Kaepernick to throw
- Labanc returns to Sharks after successful weekend in AHL
- The Giants Insider Podcast: GM Evans, Pirates reporter Berry on Melancon
- Logan Couture undergoes surgical procedure on ankle
- Former Heisman winner Rashaan Salaam dies at 42 years old
- Krukow: Melancon can help develop Law, Strickland into closers
- A's minor league video coordinator Mark Smith unexpectedly dies at 41
- MLB announces 2016 postseason shares: Giants get close to $2.5 million
- Which Sharks player will end up on the Vegas Golden Knights?
- What they're saying: Klay racks up 60 points in less than 30 minutes
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|