Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 PM PST
In a shocking development, the Golden State Warriors bumped into their former mascot, Thunder, before they departed Shanghai, China. The absurdly buff blue hype man with lightning bolts protruding from his head hadn’t been seen since he was given the pink slip prior to the 2008-2009 NBA season. He was let go because the new Oklahoma City basketball franchise decided to call themselves by the same name.
Thunder apparently fell in love with the culture during the Warriors’ previous trip to China, so he went back there for good. Five years later, he happened to run into his former employers while they were on their most recent overseas tour. You’ll never believe this, but Thunder took the time to update Bay Area fans on his new life. Who knew he could talk?
Thunder appears to be in good health and happy with his decision to leave America. Good for him. The large blue man hardly sticks out like a sore thumb in his new surroundings.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors facing Raptors with Lowry struggling: 'I'm trash'
- Earl Lloyd, first black player in NBA, dies at 86
- Rewind: Fragile Sharks fade after first in loss to Red Wings
- Provoked LeBron James trumps Pavel Datsyuk
- Stanford explodes in second half, takes down Oregon State
- Saint Mary's cruises at San Francisco
- Instant Replay: Sharks fall to Wings, extend home losing streak
- Pacific uses free throws to top Santa Clara
- Earthquakes sign Portuguese defender Paulo Renato
- Falcons release RB Steven Jackson after two seasons
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|