Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 PM PDT
In a shocking development, the Golden State Warriors bumped into their former mascot, Thunder, before they departed Shanghai, China. The absurdly buff blue hype man with lightning bolts protruding from his head hadn’t been seen since he was given the pink slip prior to the 2008-2009 NBA season. He was let go because the new Oklahoma City basketball franchise decided to call themselves by the same name.
Thunder apparently fell in love with the culture during the Warriors’ previous trip to China, so he went back there for good. Five years later, he happened to run into his former employers while they were on their most recent overseas tour. You’ll never believe this, but Thunder took the time to update Bay Area fans on his new life. Who knew he could talk?
Thunder appears to be in good health and happy with his decision to leave America. Good for him. The large blue man hardly sticks out like a sore thumb in his new surroundings.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Niemi gets the start for Sharks in Game 1
- Klay Thompson calls out Blake Griffin's excessive flopping
- Kings' Brown not concerned about playing Sharks' Hertl
- LIVE: Dodgers vs. Giants
- Jean Machi has a nickname, and it's not 'vulture'
- Torres, Hertl together in Sharks' lineup for first time
- Crawford improved but knee nags at Pagan
- NBA jersey sales: Curry Top 5, Warriors Top 10
- 49ers met with Miami offensive tackle Henderson
- Giants & Dodgers lineups: Arias leads off, Ramirez out
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|cinderellafellajoe on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|