Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 PM PDT
In a shocking development, the Golden State Warriors bumped into their former mascot, Thunder, before they departed Shanghai, China. The absurdly buff blue hype man with lightning bolts protruding from his head hadn’t been seen since he was given the pink slip prior to the 2008-2009 NBA season. He was let go because the new Oklahoma City basketball franchise decided to call themselves by the same name.
Thunder apparently fell in love with the culture during the Warriors’ previous trip to China, so he went back there for good. Five years later, he happened to run into his former employers while they were on their most recent overseas tour. You’ll never believe this, but Thunder took the time to update Bay Area fans on his new life. Who knew he could talk?
Thunder appears to be in good health and happy with his decision to leave America. Good for him. The large blue man hardly sticks out like a sore thumb in his new surroundings.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Pence bobblehead, R2D2 beanie highlight Giants promotional schedule
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- 49ers more willing to squeeze shoes of their top players
- Ackley blasts Mariners past Nationals 5-3
- Tigers fall to White Sox, tied with A's in AL Wild Card
- Cardinals rally past Cubs, tied with Giants in Wild Card
- Dodgers beat Padres 7-1, remain ahead of Giants in NL West
- Report: Former 49ers QB Smith lands big deal in KC
- Instant Replay: Sandoval, Pence clobber Brewers, Giants sweep
- Report: Former 49ers S Spillman to sign with Cowboys
- Down at half, Team USA rallies to beat Turkey 98-77
- Kazmir sputters, A's swept by Angels in 8-1 loss
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|