Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 PM PDT
In a shocking development, the Golden State Warriors bumped into their former mascot, Thunder, before they departed Shanghai, China. The absurdly buff blue hype man with lightning bolts protruding from his head hadn’t been seen since he was given the pink slip prior to the 2008-2009 NBA season. He was let go because the new Oklahoma City basketball franchise decided to call themselves by the same name.
Thunder apparently fell in love with the culture during the Warriors’ previous trip to China, so he went back there for good. Five years later, he happened to run into his former employers while they were on their most recent overseas tour. You’ll never believe this, but Thunder took the time to update Bay Area fans on his new life. Who knew he could talk?
Thunder appears to be in good health and happy with his decision to leave America. Good for him. The large blue man hardly sticks out like a sore thumb in his new surroundings.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Letters to Dwight Clark make impact, reach a wider audience
- The day of reckoning may finally be here for the uneventful Giants
- Whalen Playing Well in Long-Shot Chance to Join Raiders
- Seven ways Giants can evaluate roster over final 37 games of season
- Williams' Bid to Make 49ers' Backfield May Be Over
- 49ers' 53-man roster projection midway through 2018 NFL preseason
- Alameda Unified School District Adjusts Dress Code Policies
- Snedeker returns to OWGR top 50 with Wyndham win
- Wyndham purse payout: Snedeker clears $1 million
- Langer named Payne Stewart Award recipient
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|