Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 PM PDT
In a shocking development, the Golden State Warriors bumped into their former mascot, Thunder, before they departed Shanghai, China. The absurdly buff blue hype man with lightning bolts protruding from his head hadn’t been seen since he was given the pink slip prior to the 2008-2009 NBA season. He was let go because the new Oklahoma City basketball franchise decided to call themselves by the same name.
Thunder apparently fell in love with the culture during the Warriors’ previous trip to China, so he went back there for good. Five years later, he happened to run into his former employers while they were on their most recent overseas tour. You’ll never believe this, but Thunder took the time to update Bay Area fans on his new life. Who knew he could talk?
Thunder appears to be in good health and happy with his decision to leave America. Good for him. The large blue man hardly sticks out like a sore thumb in his new surroundings.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bill Murray to conduct seventh-inning stretch in Game 3 of World Series
- Del Rio encourages Raiders fans to take over in Tampa
- Raiders LT Penn doesn't sugarcoat it: Return to Tampa Bay 'very huge'
- NFL fines former 49ers wide receiver
- Sharks' Dillon frustrated with disallowed goal
- Arizona Fall League roundup: Seven A's in action
- After Warriors allow 129, Ron Adams provides a State of the Defense
- NBA Gameday: Draymond must slow down Pelicans star Davis
- Injury report: Raiders rule DT Stacy McGee out vs Buccaneers
- Three takeaways from Sharks' 3-1 win over Blue Jackets
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|