Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 PM PDT
In a shocking development, the Golden State Warriors bumped into their former mascot, Thunder, before they departed Shanghai, China. The absurdly buff blue hype man with lightning bolts protruding from his head hadn’t been seen since he was given the pink slip prior to the 2008-2009 NBA season. He was let go because the new Oklahoma City basketball franchise decided to call themselves by the same name.
Thunder apparently fell in love with the culture during the Warriors’ previous trip to China, so he went back there for good. Five years later, he happened to run into his former employers while they were on their most recent overseas tour. You’ll never believe this, but Thunder took the time to update Bay Area fans on his new life. Who knew he could talk?
Thunder appears to be in good health and happy with his decision to leave America. Good for him. The large blue man hardly sticks out like a sore thumb in his new surroundings.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Rewind: Fragile Sharks blow another late lead to Jackets
- Shot of the Game: Pavelski ties it in third period
- Lakers could stink for years, and not because of Kobe
- Lakers' Nash ruled out for season
- Instant Replay: Sharks blow two leads, fall to Jackets 5-4
- World Series notes: Royals, Giants consider OF changes, etc.
- Strickland 'embarrassed', hopes for another chance
- Lincecum upbeat, 'feels normal' after playing catch
- Seahawks' Wilson blames media for Harvin conjecture
- Bochy applauds Giants rookie Strickland for ownership
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|