Oct 21, 2013, 2:15 PM PST
Sean “Diddy” Combs wants to become the first African-American majority owner in the National Football League. In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Combs said that he has aspirations to buy a team and believes he will be able to make it happen.
“A majority of the players that are in the NFL are African-American, but there are no African-American owners,” Combs told Bloomberg TV’s Stephanie Ruhle. “And so that’s one of my dreams.”
The multi-platinum recording artist and entrepreneur made the statement when he was asked about Jay Z’s foray into the world of sports management. According to Forbes, Combs is worth an estimated $550 million. While he is most commonly known as a musician and record producer, Forbes reports that music only makes up 20 percent of Combs’ net worth.
The Cleveland Browns were the most recent NFL franchise to be sold, and it cost new owner, Jimmy Haslam III, over $1 billion to make the purchase. It’s unclear how much planning Combs has done, but he would definitely need to line up several partners based on his current net worth.
You can see Combs’ entire comment regarding becoming an NFL owner on Bloomberg TV’s “The Business of…” or by clicking here.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks remain undefeated after bye week with win in Arizona
- Mikkel Boedker stays hot with second goal in as many games
- Airbnb Hosts in SF Scramble to Register Listings With City
- SJ City Council to Mull Increased Civilian Oversight for PD
- 4 Hurt in Campus Riot Over Milo Yiannopoulos Speech Sue Cal
- Andrew McCutchen: The GIF that keeps on GIFing
- Mike Krukow named 2017 Sportscaster of the year
- Trade Talk: Samardzija on Longo and Cutch acquisitions
- CHP Motorcycle Cop Hurt, Driver Arrested After Hwy. 4 Wreck
- Massive Developments Get Green Light in South Bay
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|