Oct 22, 2013, 2:38 PM PDT
It looks like Oakland Athletics reliever Jerry Blevins can now add car shopping to his offseason to-do list.
On Monday, Blevins’ Cadillac was destroyed when the truck that was transporting the vehicle was clipped by a commuter train. Two passengers on the train suffered minor injuries. The accident happened in Bartlett, Illinois and was documented by NBC Chicago.
Train #2242 struck the semi-truck, which was carrying a load of new cars, and dragged it around 100 feet east on the Milwaukee District/West line.
Blevins was obviously nowhere near the car when the accident happened and is in perfect health. He tweeted a link to the NBC Chicago video that apparently shows his wrecked car being rolled upright.
Here’s a picture of the car from the report. You can also watch the video.
Blevins’ teammates offered their condolences on Twitter.
While it is an inconvenience, at least he will be getting a large insurance check. He’ll be riding in a brand new car in no time.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gossett gets no support from offense, A's blanked by Seattle
- Arrest Made in Purse Snatching That Injured Elderly Woman
- Jed York Says 49ers Abstained From NFL Anthem Vote
- 49ers unveil 1994 throwback uniforms to be worn for one game
- Bay Area Voters Accidentally Unregistered
- Semien's error costs Gossett in A's 1-0 loss to Mariners
- Tesla: Autopilot Was Not Engaged in East Bay Pond Crash
- Tip of Aer Lingus Plane Wing Hits Concrete Wall at SFO
- Judge Dismisses Charges Against 49ers Reuben Foster
- Uber Ends Self-Driving Program in Arizona After Fatal Crash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|