Oct 22, 2013, 2:38 PM PDT
It looks like Oakland Athletics reliever Jerry Blevins can now add car shopping to his offseason to-do list.
On Monday, Blevins’ Cadillac was destroyed when the truck that was transporting the vehicle was clipped by a commuter train. Two passengers on the train suffered minor injuries. The accident happened in Bartlett, Illinois and was documented by NBC Chicago.
Train #2242 struck the semi-truck, which was carrying a load of new cars, and dragged it around 100 feet east on the Milwaukee District/West line.
Blevins was obviously nowhere near the car when the accident happened and is in perfect health. He tweeted a link to the NBC Chicago video that apparently shows his wrecked car being rolled upright.
Here’s a picture of the car from the report. You can also watch the video.
Blevins’ teammates offered their condolences on Twitter.
While it is an inconvenience, at least he will be getting a large insurance check. He’ll be riding in a brand new car in no time.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports: Marshawn Lynch to remain with Raiders in 2018
- Facebook Seeks to Expand Northern California Campus
- Jailhouse Video Shows Deputies Watching as Inmate Dies
- Warriors need vets to bounce back against young Suns
- After upsetting Warriors, Kings battle schedule with fifth game in seven days
- Stenson one clear of loaded leaderboard at Bay Hill
- TT postscript: Many birdies, but not much momentum
- Rose thrives in Tiger's group, shoots 67 at Bay Hill
- Lesson with Faxon gets McIlroy's putting on track
- Where does Evander Kane's four-goal game rank in Sharks history?
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|