Oct 22, 2013, 2:38 PM PST
It looks like Oakland Athletics reliever Jerry Blevins can now add car shopping to his offseason to-do list.
On Monday, Blevins’ Cadillac was destroyed when the truck that was transporting the vehicle was clipped by a commuter train. Two passengers on the train suffered minor injuries. The accident happened in Bartlett, Illinois and was documented by NBC Chicago.
Train #2242 struck the semi-truck, which was carrying a load of new cars, and dragged it around 100 feet east on the Milwaukee District/West line.
Blevins was obviously nowhere near the car when the accident happened and is in perfect health. He tweeted a link to the NBC Chicago video that apparently shows his wrecked car being rolled upright.
Here’s a picture of the car from the report. You can also watch the video.
Blevins’ teammates offered their condolences on Twitter.
While it is an inconvenience, at least he will be getting a large insurance check. He’ll be riding in a brand new car in no time.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- VIDEO: SF Batkid saves Giants' mascot Lou Seal from Penguin
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Former Cal Bear Jaylen Brown holds heavy heart in win over Warriors
- Khalil Mack wants to be Raider for life: 'That’s a no-brainer for me'
- A's Hire Design Firms For Proposed New Baseball Stadium
- Awards season reminds us how far Giants fell in 2017
- Five Men Sue San Jose Police, City For Gay Sting Operation
- Steinle Trial: Jurors Can Consider 1st-Degree Murder Verdict
- UC Regents Chastise System President's ‘Poor Judgment’
- First New Muni Train Goes Into Service in San Francisco
- Escaped 'Psychopath' Explains Why He Fled Hawaii Hospital
- Tesla Unveils Plans For Electric Semi, New Roadster
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|