Oct 22, 2013, 2:38 PM PDT
It looks like Oakland Athletics reliever Jerry Blevins can now add car shopping to his offseason to-do list.
On Monday, Blevins’ Cadillac was destroyed when the truck that was transporting the vehicle was clipped by a commuter train. Two passengers on the train suffered minor injuries. The accident happened in Bartlett, Illinois and was documented by NBC Chicago.
Train #2242 struck the semi-truck, which was carrying a load of new cars, and dragged it around 100 feet east on the Milwaukee District/West line.
Blevins was obviously nowhere near the car when the accident happened and is in perfect health. He tweeted a link to the NBC Chicago video that apparently shows his wrecked car being rolled upright.
Here’s a picture of the car from the report. You can also watch the video.
Blevins’ teammates offered their condolences on Twitter.
While it is an inconvenience, at least he will be getting a large insurance check. He’ll be riding in a brand new car in no time.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- How Sharks greats and the SJ community rallied around a teammate
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Check out Hunter Pence's scooter-riding bobblehead
- TBT: Say Hey! Did you know Willie Mays smashed 17 homers in a single month?
- Power Restored in Parts of Calistoga, Others by Midnight
- 49ers report card: Grading offense, defense in 33-30 loss to Packers
- 49ers 'had a chance' but 'didn't get it done' in late loss to Packers
- C.J. Beathard, 49ers offense fade down the stretch of loss to Packers
- Jurors Urge SF Judge to Not Dismiss $289M Roundup Verdict
- Richard Sherman, Kyle Shanahan don't point fingers on 49ers' defensive lapses
- Fremont Street Under Transbay Terminal Reopens
- Steve Kerr Not Sticking to Sports Part 1 Promo
- Niners Can't Hold Late Lead vs. Packers
- 49ers Fall in Shootout With Aaron Rodgers and the Packers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|