Oct 22, 2013, 1:27 PM PDT
You’re not going to find anyone more dialed into what’s going on in basketball than an NBA general manager. Recently, NBA.com did their 12th annual poll of the league’s 30 GMs and the general consensus is that the Golden State Warriors are the most fun team to watch in the league.
The 30 GMs were asked 56 different questions about the upcoming NBA season. The survey included questions about which team will win the NBA Finals, the Western and Eastern Conference, each division and several miscellaneous categories.
— 41.4 percent of the GMs polled think the Warriors are the most fun team to watch in the NBA. The Los Angeles Clippers finished a distant second with 17.2 percent of the vote.
— Stephen Curry led all voting as 44.8 percent of the GMs believe he is the best pure shooter in the league.
— Oracle Arena was voted the second best homecourt advantage in the NBA. The Warriors were given 26.7 percent of the vote, ranking them behind the Oklahoma City Thunder.
— 10 percent of the GMs think Klay Thompson is the best player at moving the ball in the league.
— At 21.4 percent, the GMs found the Andre Iguodala acquisition to be the most surprising move of the offseason.
Even with favorable opinion on the Warriors’ side, the league’s GMs think the Clippers are the favorites to win the Pacific Division. The vast majority of the GMs picked the Miami Heat to repeat as NBA Champions. None of the GMs picked the Warriors to win it all or to win the Western Conference.
The Warriors and their players how up in several other answers. You can see all of NBA.com’s raw data in this link.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green returning to Warriors with aching finger, heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
- Raiders fans can dare to dream of Jon Gruden leading team to playoffs
- Former 49ers great Charles Haley tackles mental illness in HEADSTRONG
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|