Oct 23, 2013, 10:11 AM PDT
The Golden State Warriors’ season opener is just one week away and expectations are running sky high. Stephen Curry is featured on the most recent cover of Sports Illustrated and NBA general managers recently voted the Warriors the most fun team to watch in the NBA.
Even with all the buzz around the Warriors, the Los Angeles Clippers are considered the favorites to win the Pacific Division. The Dubs open against the Lakers at Oracle Arena, but they’ll head south to get their first crack at the Clippers the next day.
— Does the NFL have a problem with Colin Kaepernick’s Beats headphones? Our 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco noted that a NFL official requested that Kaepernick remove his pink headphones before a press conference. The quarterback declined to do so and went on with his business.
Maiocco notes that Kaepernick can’t be fined for wearing them. You’d think they have much more important stuff to worry about, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if the league found a way to ban them in the future. Do you think the league would mind if the headphones had an NFL logo on them?
— Boston Mayor Tom Menino wants the Red Sox to bring home the “World Series Cup.” Good luck with that. The mistake would have been more understandable when the Red Sox were on a 86-year World Series drought, but they’ve won two championships since 2004.
Field of Links:
— Brandon McCarthy doesn’t like the name of the Padres’ new minor league affiliate. (He later deleted this tweet, but the internet never forgets)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Kaepernick denies rumor that he's dating USA Soccer star Leroux
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Did you know there's a bowling alley inside AT&T Park?
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Idle Giants gain ground in West, Dodgers fall to Rockies
- Brown reflects on why he's with Kaepernick '100 percent'
- Manaea exits start vs Astros with strained left rhomboid
- Comparing Kap's stance with past civil rights protests
- Harbaugh yet to name starting QB for No. 7 Michigan's opener
- SFPOA president pens letter condemning Kap's comments
- Giants prospect Ty Blach named to 2016 All-PCL team
- Bill Bradley: 'I don't understand' Durant joining Warriors
- College coach: Kaepernick's platform 'disrespectful, selfish'
- Browns trade ex-49ers punter after lack of effort to tackle
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|