Oct 23, 2013, 10:11 AM PST
The Golden State Warriors’ season opener is just one week away and expectations are running sky high. Stephen Curry is featured on the most recent cover of Sports Illustrated and NBA general managers recently voted the Warriors the most fun team to watch in the NBA.
Even with all the buzz around the Warriors, the Los Angeles Clippers are considered the favorites to win the Pacific Division. The Dubs open against the Lakers at Oracle Arena, but they’ll head south to get their first crack at the Clippers the next day.
— Does the NFL have a problem with Colin Kaepernick’s Beats headphones? Our 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco noted that a NFL official requested that Kaepernick remove his pink headphones before a press conference. The quarterback declined to do so and went on with his business.
Maiocco notes that Kaepernick can’t be fined for wearing them. You’d think they have much more important stuff to worry about, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if the league found a way to ban them in the future. Do you think the league would mind if the headphones had an NFL logo on them?
— Boston Mayor Tom Menino wants the Red Sox to bring home the “World Series Cup.” Good luck with that. The mistake would have been more understandable when the Red Sox were on a 86-year World Series drought, but they’ve won two championships since 2004.
Field of Links:
— Brandon McCarthy doesn’t like the name of the Padres’ new minor league affiliate. (He later deleted this tweet, but the internet never forgets)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials to Stop Oroville Dam Outflow to Clear Debris
- Mahershala Ali Does East Bay Communities Proud
- Continued Cleanup: San Jose Works to Get Back on Track
- Three Youths Escape After Car Plunges Into Napa River
- Woman Crashes into Creek, Survives Eight Hours Before Rescue
- Giants hammer three homers in third straight spring training win
- A's spring training Day 13: Gossett part of fifth starter mix
- In push for playoffs, LA Kings acquire goalie Bishop from Tampa Bay
- Kurt Busch breaks through in 16th try, wins first Daytona 500
- Giants spring training Day 14: Moore, Beede debut as SF improves to 3-0
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|