Oct 28, 2013, 4:29 PM PDT
Even though it’s a moment San Francisco Giants fans would like to soon forget, the decadent “Kimye” proposal still has an infectious way of slipping into conversation.
Recently, Kanye West stopped by a Los Angeles radio station called Power 106 and shed some more light on the AT&T Park proposal. Vanity Fair blogger Julie Miller took the time to transcribe some of the details that hadn’t yet leaked out through entertainment reporters.
Why did West choose AT&T Park? “I just thought it would be dope,” he told the host of the radio show.
West apparently tried to convince Lana Del Rey to fly to San Francisco to perform on the field for the proposal. She wasn’t available, so the 50-piece orchestra was a backup plan. Yup, a 50-piece orchestra as a backup plan.
West explained there was a bit of a disagreement about how the baseball field should be lit up. It was dimly lit and he wanted it to be brighter. How dare they try to ruin the dopeness? Here’s an excerpt from the Vanity Fair blog:
“Yeah, they didn’t have the lights exactly like I wanted it to be. I’m arguing with the guy who put it together for me. He’s talking about, ‘Man it need to be more romantic. I said, ‘It’s a baseball field. What you talking about? If I wanted to be romantic, I would have gone to a small restaurant or something.”
Oh, by the way, West apologized to men everywhere for raising the proposal bar and admitted that he was nervous. Man, Yeezy is so humble.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Man Arrested After Trespassing in 11-Year-Old Girl's Bed: PD
- Chris Webber bestows high praise on Kings rookie Harry Giles
- Kings takeaways: Three things we learned from season-opening loss to Jazz
- “It Sounded Like A Bomb Went Off” — Loma Prieta in Pictures
- Chris Webber believes Harry Giles 'can be a lot better' than him
- Feinstein, de Leon Debate Before Midterm Election
- Yes, Grant Napear. This Willie Cauley-Stein dunk will be on the MyTeams App
- Oakland's Bulky Block Parties Curb Illegal Dumping
- San Jose Man Arrested in Violent Sexual Assault of Girl, 17
- Frank Mason ends first quarter of season with buzzer-beater
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|