Oct 28, 2013, 4:29 PM PDT
Even though it’s a moment San Francisco Giants fans would like to soon forget, the decadent “Kimye” proposal still has an infectious way of slipping into conversation.
Recently, Kanye West stopped by a Los Angeles radio station called Power 106 and shed some more light on the AT&T Park proposal. Vanity Fair blogger Julie Miller took the time to transcribe some of the details that hadn’t yet leaked out through entertainment reporters.
Why did West choose AT&T Park? “I just thought it would be dope,” he told the host of the radio show.
West apparently tried to convince Lana Del Rey to fly to San Francisco to perform on the field for the proposal. She wasn’t available, so the 50-piece orchestra was a backup plan. Yup, a 50-piece orchestra as a backup plan.
West explained there was a bit of a disagreement about how the baseball field should be lit up. It was dimly lit and he wanted it to be brighter. How dare they try to ruin the dopeness? Here’s an excerpt from the Vanity Fair blog:
“Yeah, they didn’t have the lights exactly like I wanted it to be. I’m arguing with the guy who put it together for me. He’s talking about, ‘Man it need to be more romantic. I said, ‘It’s a baseball field. What you talking about? If I wanted to be romantic, I would have gone to a small restaurant or something.”
Oh, by the way, West apologized to men everywhere for raising the proposal bar and admitted that he was nervous. Man, Yeezy is so humble.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Warriors Pregame Live
- South Bay Students Use Tech To Study Religious Diversity
- Relocation approval 'offers more clarity' when Raiders recruit future free agents
- Warriors to update Durant's status on Wednesday
- Fire Scorches 420-Plus Tons of Hay at Fresno Ranch
- 49ers GM Lynch speaks with Harbaugh about Michigan prospects
- NFL centralizes replay reviews, Del Rio wants more freedom in challenges
- Student Filmmakers Get a Shot in Sonoma Int'l Film Fest
- Pursuit Ends in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Pittsburg
- A's Insider Podcast: Matt Joyce
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|