Oct 29, 2013, 10:08 AM PDT
The Seattle Seahawks were one yard away from losing sole possession of first place in the NFC West. Unfortunately for the 49ers, the St. Louis Rams couldn’t find the end zone on an all-or-nothing fourth down play from the Seahawks’ 1-yard line. The Seahawks 14-9 win over a much less talented Rams team is, if nothing else, a sign they are vulnerable.
Meanwhile, the 49ers have won five games in a row and can rest easy during their bye week knowing that help is on the way. Our 49ers’ insider put together a list of six players that can take the 49ers to the next level in the second half. They’ve found a way to win without Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham and (for the most part) Aldon Smith. But the other three names on the list may surprise you.
Will the Seahawks be in trouble next time they meet the 49ers? Or will Seattle fans be cheering on another Golden taunt?
— Raiders defensive coordinator Jason Tarver took part in a different type of taunt. On Monday, Tarver apologized for flashing his middle finger at referees. Raiders Insider Scott Bair used his fingers to type up a story on it.
“It was in the heat of the moment, and I regret drawing attention away from the Raiders players and what they accomplished,” Tarver said.
For now, it doesn’t look like Tarver’s one-finger salute will lead to a five-figure fine.
— Carlos Burle didn’t play in the World Series. Nor did he take the field on Monday Night Football. But the professional surfer pulled off the most unreal athletic performance on Monday. Not only did Burle ride one of the most massive waves you’ll ever see, he also saved a fellow surfer’s life right before he did it. Lets see you try that, Big Papi.
— Hey, where are you going? It’s National Cat Day. Take a moment to give your fluffy feline friend a few extra pets and a healthy dose of catnip.
Time for some purr-fect links.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Berkeley Architect Fights Religious Oppression With Education: Teaches At Illegal, Underground University
- Man Suspected of Having Sex With Teen Boy in Novato: Police
- 49ers Pick Stanford DE Solomon Thomas in the First Round
- Raiders Take Ohio St. CB Gareon Conley in 1st Round of Draft
- Police in Standoff with Walnut Creek Homicide Suspect
- Teacher Accused of Taking Lewd Photos of Young Girls
- Raiders' first-round pick Conley opens up on emotions after off-field issues
- Drive of the Game: Alonso puts A's on the board with single vs Angels
- Graveman breaks down unreal double play, making progress on mound
- Melvin on Graveman double play: Best play manager has ever seen by pitcher
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|