Oct 29, 2013, 10:08 AM PST
The Seattle Seahawks were one yard away from losing sole possession of first place in the NFC West. Unfortunately for the 49ers, the St. Louis Rams couldn’t find the end zone on an all-or-nothing fourth down play from the Seahawks’ 1-yard line. The Seahawks 14-9 win over a much less talented Rams team is, if nothing else, a sign they are vulnerable.
Meanwhile, the 49ers have won five games in a row and can rest easy during their bye week knowing that help is on the way. Our 49ers’ insider put together a list of six players that can take the 49ers to the next level in the second half. They’ve found a way to win without Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham and (for the most part) Aldon Smith. But the other three names on the list may surprise you.
Will the Seahawks be in trouble next time they meet the 49ers? Or will Seattle fans be cheering on another Golden taunt?
— Raiders defensive coordinator Jason Tarver took part in a different type of taunt. On Monday, Tarver apologized for flashing his middle finger at referees. Raiders Insider Scott Bair used his fingers to type up a story on it.
“It was in the heat of the moment, and I regret drawing attention away from the Raiders players and what they accomplished,” Tarver said.
For now, it doesn’t look like Tarver’s one-finger salute will lead to a five-figure fine.
— Carlos Burle didn’t play in the World Series. Nor did he take the field on Monday Night Football. But the professional surfer pulled off the most unreal athletic performance on Monday. Not only did Burle ride one of the most massive waves you’ll ever see, he also saved a fellow surfer’s life right before he did it. Lets see you try that, Big Papi.
— Hey, where are you going? It’s National Cat Day. Take a moment to give your fluffy feline friend a few extra pets and a healthy dose of catnip.
Time for some purr-fect links.
Field of Links:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- TBT: Willie Mays announces his retirement
- A Minecraft gamer built a virtual Levi's Stadium out of blocks
- Field of Links: 49ers fan Andy Samberg rips the Seahawks on Letterman
- 49ers-Seahawks injury report: Jaquiski Tartt out for second straight game
- Warriors-Kings battle for NorCal now comes with very real consequences
- CPUC Accuses PG&E of Falsifying Safety Documents
- 49ers vs. Seahawks live stream: How to watch NFL Week 15 game online
- How Sharks' defense is making progress, helping produce string of wins
- Raiders must use 2019 NFL draft, free agency to overhaul wide receiver corps
- Stephen Curry lauds De'Aaron Fox's progress, shares what greatness takes
- Raiders wide receiver Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely by NFL
- Jon Gruden trolls Stephen A. Smith, says Raiders need Tim Brown vs. Bengals
- Sources: Giants interested in Kevin Pillar trade with Blue Jays
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|