Oct 29, 2013, 3:04 PM PDT
A baby playing third base, a home run by a San Diego Chargers cheerleader, and President Obama playing catch with Buddy The Elf. No, you didn’t accidentally drink from the wrong punch bowl, you are watching San Diego State’s annual Halloween baseball game.
Each year the team dresses in full costume and holds a public scrimmage. Some of the highlights include Facebook playing shortstop, and an at-bat by the entire Jamaican bobsled team from Cool Runnings — complete with the sled. Can you believe they couldn’t beat out the throw to first?
The Red team defeated the Black team 4-3 in four innings. As far as the internet is concerned, this is a must-see video. It only has about 15,000 hits as of publishing this blog. Far too few. A gorilla is coaching third base, you guys.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Steve Kerr issues early message to Warriors fans about next season
- San Bruno Fire Victim: Attorney Holding Back PG&E Payments
- Daniel Mengden proves more effective as starter than follower in A's win
- Daniel Mengden and two solo homers power A's to series sweep over Cardinals
- Sharks notebook: Prospects quickly making impression at development camp
- Mengden, A's Outlast Cardinals in Pitchers' Duel
- Drive of the Game: Beau Taylor gives A's lead vs. Cardinals with solo homer
- Matt Chapman, Beau Taylor power A's to series sweep against Cardinals
- Top Restaurateur Cleared in Pregnancy Discrimination Trial
- WATCH: Dynamo vs. Quakes
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|