Oct 30, 2013, 2:47 PM PDT
Each time Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry drains a three-point shot, six life-saving bed nets will be donated to somebody in an impoverished country. Curry is continuing his “three for three” campaign with Nothing But Nets, an organization that provides bed nets to help fight malaria.
Curry took part in the campaign last season and hit an NBA single-season record 272 three-pointers and donated 816 bed nets. This year, the Warriors will be matching Curry’s donation. That’s six nets per three-pointer.
Curry also followed up his donation by visiting Tanzania to help install the nets this offseason. His trip was documented on Hanging With Mr. Curry on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.
“After seeing first-hand the impact these bed nets provide, I cannot thank the Warriors enough for joining me in helping to protect families from malaria,” Curry said in a release.
Malaria kills more than 600,000 people worldwide every year. Nothing But Nets is working with the United Nations to attempt bring down that number.
When the Warriors’ 2013-2014 season tips off on Wednesday, there’s now one more reason to jump out of your seat when Curry sinks a deep shot.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Man Arrested After Trespassing in 11-Year-Old Girl's Bed: PD
- San Jose Man Arrested in Violent Sexual Assault of Girl, 17
- Marvin Bagley 'trying to stay patient' after limited minutes in Kings debut
- Fire Threatens Natural Gas Pipeline, Prompts Evacuations
- Safeway Employee in SF Fetches $1.9 Million of Mega Millions
- Salesforce Transit Center Contractor Seeks $150M in Lawsuit
- Bay Area Roads Are Some of Worst in the Country: Report
- Chris Webber bestows high praise on Kings rookie Harry Giles
- Kings takeaways: Three things we learned from season-opening loss to Jazz
- “It Sounded Like A Bomb Went Off” — Loma Prieta in Pictures
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|