Oct 30, 2013, 2:47 PM PDT
Each time Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry drains a three-point shot, six life-saving bed nets will be donated to somebody in an impoverished country. Curry is continuing his “three for three” campaign with Nothing But Nets, an organization that provides bed nets to help fight malaria.
Curry took part in the campaign last season and hit an NBA single-season record 272 three-pointers and donated 816 bed nets. This year, the Warriors will be matching Curry’s donation. That’s six nets per three-pointer.
Curry also followed up his donation by visiting Tanzania to help install the nets this offseason. His trip was documented on Hanging With Mr. Curry on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.
“After seeing first-hand the impact these bed nets provide, I cannot thank the Warriors enough for joining me in helping to protect families from malaria,” Curry said in a release.
Malaria kills more than 600,000 people worldwide every year. Nothing But Nets is working with the United Nations to attempt bring down that number.
When the Warriors’ 2013-2014 season tips off on Wednesday, there’s now one more reason to jump out of your seat when Curry sinks a deep shot.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|