Field of Links: The Warriors’ wait is over, Whitner says he loves Lynch, A’s player gets golden shoes
Oct 30, 2013, 9:18 AM PDT
Just when you thought you couldn’t be more excited for the Golden State Warriors’ season to start, the lights at Oracle Arena will suddenly go out. With music blaring, glow sticks waving, and flash bulbs flickering, the light will return, only this time it will have a golden hue. One by one, each of the Warriors’ starting players will be introduced to a loud pop from the crowd as they jog onto the floor in their warmup jumpsuits. After all the pomp and circumstance, the crowd will be whipped into a lather and finally some of the offseason questions will be answered.
Will Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut’s ankles stay in tact? Can the Dubs shoulder the immense weight of hype and expectation? Will the Warriors be champions? The season opener is finally here and it will all happen live on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.
— San Francisco 49ers safety Donte “Hitner” Whitner professed his admiration for Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch on Twitter. There’s no love lost between the Seahawks and 49ers on the football field, but on social media, apparently, it’s a different story.
Lynch didn’t go “beast mode” on his keyboard in response to the tweets. He actually went sleep mode, as in, he didn’t even respond. Is Whitner being genuine? Or playing mind games?
— Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor broke off the longest run in the history of the franchise on Sunday. All he got was a game ball. Defensive Coordinator Jason Tarver flipped off the referees and he gets immortalized via t-shirt. Now you too can proudly and publicly fly the bird while you run errands, pick up your kids from school, or attend mass at your local church.
— Oakland Athletics outfielders Josh Reddick and Yoenis Cespedes didn’t win Gold Gloves. At least they were nominated. A’s third baseman Josh Donaldson was left off the list of finalists. As a result, he treated himself to some golden shoes to help brighten his day.
Time for some golden links.
Field of Links:
— The new team name will be met with approval by all bathing babies. But nothing tops the way this infant is moved to tears by his mother’s singing.
— The NBA season tipped off on Tuesday, but the videobombs are in midseason form.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Livingston on Kerr: 'He’s our leader ... somebody that we count on'
- New Raiders RB Hood modeled game after Marshawn, wants to learn from Lynch
- Lynch: TE McDonald to return to 49ers after being on trade block
- Lynch: 49ers expected to pick up Ward's fifth-year option
- A's Notes: Date for Sonny Gray's first start of season set
- Raiders select DT Treyvon Hester in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Raiders select RB Elijah Hood in seventh round of 2017 NFL Draft
- Cal Fire Rescues Man Who Fell Into Gilroy Well
- Giants lineup: Nunez in right field against Padres
- People's Climate March Draws Hundreds Across Bay Area
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|