Field of Links: The Warriors’ wait is over, Whitner says he loves Lynch, A’s player gets golden shoes
Oct 30, 2013, 9:18 AM PDT
Just when you thought you couldn’t be more excited for the Golden State Warriors’ season to start, the lights at Oracle Arena will suddenly go out. With music blaring, glow sticks waving, and flash bulbs flickering, the light will return, only this time it will have a golden hue. One by one, each of the Warriors’ starting players will be introduced to a loud pop from the crowd as they jog onto the floor in their warmup jumpsuits. After all the pomp and circumstance, the crowd will be whipped into a lather and finally some of the offseason questions will be answered.
Will Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut’s ankles stay in tact? Can the Dubs shoulder the immense weight of hype and expectation? Will the Warriors be champions? The season opener is finally here and it will all happen live on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.
— San Francisco 49ers safety Donte “Hitner” Whitner professed his admiration for Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch on Twitter. There’s no love lost between the Seahawks and 49ers on the football field, but on social media, apparently, it’s a different story.
Lynch didn’t go “beast mode” on his keyboard in response to the tweets. He actually went sleep mode, as in, he didn’t even respond. Is Whitner being genuine? Or playing mind games?
— Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor broke off the longest run in the history of the franchise on Sunday. All he got was a game ball. Defensive Coordinator Jason Tarver flipped off the referees and he gets immortalized via t-shirt. Now you too can proudly and publicly fly the bird while you run errands, pick up your kids from school, or attend mass at your local church.
— Oakland Athletics outfielders Josh Reddick and Yoenis Cespedes didn’t win Gold Gloves. At least they were nominated. A’s third baseman Josh Donaldson was left off the list of finalists. As a result, he treated himself to some golden shoes to help brighten his day.
Time for some golden links.
Field of Links:
— The new team name will be met with approval by all bathing babies. But nothing tops the way this infant is moved to tears by his mother’s singing.
— The NBA season tipped off on Tuesday, but the videobombs are in midseason form.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Ever wonder what it's like to run in the A's Hall of Fame Race?
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- 49ers' new stadium reaches a major milestone
- Heat maps provide an interesting look at A's/Giants and 49ers/Raiders territories
- With young fan's signature on his back, Khris Davis hits huge homer
- Firefighter Died After Fire Retardant Drop on NorCal Blaze
- Giants eke out win thanks to Mets' 13th-inning blunder
- Giants Snap 4-Game Slide on Mets' Dropped Pop-Up in 13th
- 'Look out!' Giants take lead on Mets' 13th-inning error
- Khris Davis rocks jersey signed by young fan on Make-A-Wish night
- Crews Battle Three-Alarm House Fire Burning in East San Jose
- San Carlos Airport Begins Burning Man Flights This Week
- BART Studies Systemwide Gate Overhaul to Curb Fare Evaders
- Tony Watson gets Giants out of jam with clutch double play
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|