Nov 4, 2013, 5:10 PM PST
Major League Baseball’s Hot Stove season is officially upon us.
Teams can start talking with free agent players on Tuesday. Before they start flying off the board, here’s a quick cheat sheet to refer to for the Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants.
All of the up-to-the-second A’s and Giants coverage will be online 24/7 at CSNBayArea.com.
Record: 96-66 (1st)
Runs: 767 (+142 run differential)
Team ERA: 3.56
The Oakland Athletics didn’t give qualifying offers to Grant Balfour or Bartolo Colon. They picked up the 2014 options on Coco Crisp and Brett Anderson. They declined the options on Chris Young and Kurt Suzuki. They now have four free agents. According to Joe Stiglich, the A’s and Colon have a mutual interest to come to terms on a new deal for the 2014 season.
Athletics Free Agents:
Grant Balfour, RP
Bartolo Colon, SP
Chris Young, OF
Kurt Suzuki, C
San Francisco Giants:
Record: 76-86 (3rd)
Runs: 629 (-62 run differential)
Team ERA: 4.00
The Giants have already locked up Tim Lincecum and Hunter Pence for multiple years. With those two key players returning, the Giants are left with five free agents. They officially declined the options on Ryan Vogelsong, Andres Torres and Barry Zito.
Giants Insider Andrew Baggarly reports that Vogelsong and the Giants are exploring their options while keeping the door open for a return. Baggarly notes that if the Giants can save money on Vogelsong, they could potentially use the savings toward bringing back Javier Lopez.
Giants Free Agents:
Ryan Vogelsong, SP
Barry Zito, SP
Andres Torres, OF
Javier Lopez, RP
Chad Gaudin, P
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Field of Links: Kap pitches in, Alex Smith tees it up with 49ers, Sharks and Warriors struggling
- Ever wonder how the Giants chalk their infield?
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Bad offense, not bad officiating, is main culprit for Sharks' skid
- Gameday: How the well-rested Nets will test the Durant-less Warriors
- Joel Embiid 'likes' Kevin Durant's postgame comments
- Steph Curry goes on rant over how Celtics-in-Finals comments were interpreted
- Warriors F Kevin Durant won't play vs Nets due to ankle injury
- Watch: Fleetwood gets emotional with family after Race to Dubai win
- SFO Is Among 10 Most Instagram-Worthy Airports in US: Report
- Matsuyama after Koepka rout: 'Huge gap between us'
- McCormick to caddie for Spieth at Aussie Open
- Rahm wins finale, Fleetwood takes Race to Dubai
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|