Nov 4, 2013, 5:10 PM PDT
Major League Baseball’s Hot Stove season is officially upon us.
Teams can start talking with free agent players on Tuesday. Before they start flying off the board, here’s a quick cheat sheet to refer to for the Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants.
All of the up-to-the-second A’s and Giants coverage will be online 24/7 at CSNBayArea.com.
Record: 96-66 (1st)
Runs: 767 (+142 run differential)
Team ERA: 3.56
The Oakland Athletics didn’t give qualifying offers to Grant Balfour or Bartolo Colon. They picked up the 2014 options on Coco Crisp and Brett Anderson. They declined the options on Chris Young and Kurt Suzuki. They now have four free agents. According to Joe Stiglich, the A’s and Colon have a mutual interest to come to terms on a new deal for the 2014 season.
Athletics Free Agents:
Grant Balfour, RP
Bartolo Colon, SP
Chris Young, OF
Kurt Suzuki, C
San Francisco Giants:
Record: 76-86 (3rd)
Runs: 629 (-62 run differential)
Team ERA: 4.00
The Giants have already locked up Tim Lincecum and Hunter Pence for multiple years. With those two key players returning, the Giants are left with five free agents. They officially declined the options on Ryan Vogelsong, Andres Torres and Barry Zito.
Giants Insider Andrew Baggarly reports that Vogelsong and the Giants are exploring their options while keeping the door open for a return. Baggarly notes that if the Giants can save money on Vogelsong, they could potentially use the savings toward bringing back Javier Lopez.
Giants Free Agents:
Ryan Vogelsong, SP
Barry Zito, SP
Andres Torres, OF
Javier Lopez, RP
Chad Gaudin, P
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Body Parts Found in Hayward May Belong to Missing SF Man
- New Details Emerge in Case of Missing SF Uber Driver
- Giants lineup: Hernandez in, Slater out
- Earthquakes players react to Kinnear's firing, Leitch's promotion
- Fireworks Enforcement Ramps Up for Fourth of July
- Vogt has that 'rejuvenation feeling' going from A's to first-place Brewers
- Tierney, Sorensen among players qualified by Sharks
- With Duffy's uncertain health, Rays reportedly trade for another shortstop
- Facebook May Be Creating Original TV Shows: Report
- Earthquakes GM defends firing coach: 'I think this team can achieve more'
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|