Nov 4, 2013, 4:05 PM PST
The Oakland Raiders never have any issues with their street cred. As a result, fans donning the silver and black now have yet another song to bump during their tailgate parties.
Bay Area rappers MC Hammer, Gigs 510, Ace Kayo, Mistah FAB and Black Dreez form a group called Oakland Fight Club, and they created a new anthem for Raiders fans. The collaboration is fittingly called Raider Nation. They even shot the music video at the Oakland Coliseum while the Raiders took on the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Before spitting his lyrics on the field, Hammer even took over the pre-game player introductions — a fitting duty for a self proclaimed master of ceremonies.
Hammer drops the final verse of the song and even sneaks in a little love to the Oakland Athletics and a salute to Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson. Hopefully this doesn’t mean that Hammer is beefing with Vallejo based rapper, E-40, who made a San Francisco 49ers song last year.
The Raiders are commonly the subject of musical tributes. They even have their own Pandora Radio station.
Some other notable Oakland Raiders anthems:
Come and Get It (2012) – Performed by Ice Cube
Silver & Black (2002) – Performed by Luniz
Silver And Black Attack (1986) – Performed by the Oakland Raiders
The Autumn Wind (1974) – Written by Steve Sabol for NFL Films
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- VIDEO: SF Batkid saves Giants' mascot Lou Seal from Penguin
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Former Cal Bear Jaylen Brown holds heavy heart in win over Warriors
- Khalil Mack wants to be Raider for life: 'That’s a no-brainer for me'
- A's Hire Design Firms For Proposed New Baseball Stadium
- Awards season reminds us how far Giants fell in 2017
- Five Men Sue San Jose Police, City For Gay Sting Operation
- Steinle Trial: Jurors Can Consider 1st-Degree Murder Verdict
- UC Regents Chastise System President's ‘Poor Judgment’
- First New Muni Train Goes Into Service in San Francisco
- Escaped 'Psychopath' Explains Why He Fled Hawaii Hospital
- Tesla Unveils Plans For Electric Semi, New Roadster
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|