Nov 5, 2013, 1:49 PM PDT
While new seats are being installed at Levi’s Stadium, the 49ers have begun the process of selling off the old seats at Candlestick Park.
Season ticket holders will get the first crack at bringing home their own seats from “The Stick.” From now until January 2014, season ticket holders can buy two seats for what the team says is a discounted rate of $649. The seats are only being sold in pairs and you can purchase up to eight seats in total.
If the 49ers sell 25,000 pairs of seats they will make $16 million. It only cost $15 million to build Candlestick Park in the first place. Times sure have changed. The construction of Levi’s Stadium is expected to cost $1.2 billion.
After season ticket holders get their opportunity to purchase the seats, they will be available to the general public starting on December 9.
Proceeds from the seat sales will benefit San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department youth programs. There’s no official timetable on when you can expect your seats to arrive, but they are estimating they will be shipped prior to December of 2014.
The 49ers have called Candlestick Park home since 1971. They will begin playing at their new home in Santa Clara starting next season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gilroy Teen Has 'Eye-Opening' Audition for NBC's 'The Voice'
- Man Arrested After Posing as Nurse at SF Medical Clinic: DA
- East Palo Alto Man Accused of Running Illegal Cockfights
- Cost of Living, Traffic Driving Millennials Out of Bay Area
- Arrest Made in SF Triple Shooting That Killed Woman
- Chip Kelly: 'Zero distraction' from Colin Kaepernick last season
- VTA Train Strikes, Kills Pedestrian in Campbell
- One Person Burned in Redwood City Elementary School Fire
- Twitter Eases 140-Character Limit in Replies
- When asked about facing Kings for first time, Cousins plays possum
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|