Nov 5, 2013, 1:49 PM PDT
While new seats are being installed at Levi’s Stadium, the 49ers have begun the process of selling off the old seats at Candlestick Park.
Season ticket holders will get the first crack at bringing home their own seats from “The Stick.” From now until January 2014, season ticket holders can buy two seats for what the team says is a discounted rate of $649. The seats are only being sold in pairs and you can purchase up to eight seats in total.
If the 49ers sell 25,000 pairs of seats they will make $16 million. It only cost $15 million to build Candlestick Park in the first place. Times sure have changed. The construction of Levi’s Stadium is expected to cost $1.2 billion.
After season ticket holders get their opportunity to purchase the seats, they will be available to the general public starting on December 9.
Proceeds from the seat sales will benefit San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department youth programs. There’s no official timetable on when you can expect your seats to arrive, but they are estimating they will be shipped prior to December of 2014.
The 49ers have called Candlestick Park home since 1971. They will begin playing at their new home in Santa Clara starting next season.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gray retires first 11, Padres rally past A's 6-5
- Western Watch: With Memphis win, W's 1.5 games behind Blazers
- Gordon's late goal helps Quakes avoid loss to Toluca
- Sharks' skill, physicality at forefront in 6-2 win over Toronto
- The inside scoop on Blaine Gabbert to 4949 Centennial deal
- Instant Replay: Pavelski powers Sharks to third straight win
- Martin likely to see action at all O-line spots for 49ers
- Five reasons Jonathan Martin will not be distraction to 49ers
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Kings fall to 1-3 on road trip with loss in Detroit
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|cinderellafellajoe on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
- Say Hey! That’s Willie Mays in a rap video
- You must see the Fresno Grizzlies’ Ninja Turtle uniforms
- Seahawks dominate jersey sales with Kap and 49ers finishing third
- There’s a Golden State Warriors sport coat
- Field of Links: Sharks chomp Penguins, Klay’s best friend, high school student taking NFL cheerleader to prom