Nov 6, 2013, 9:48 AM PST
Somebody has some explaining to do. The San Jose Sharks were robbed of an overtime win on Tuesday night against the Buffalo Sabres and ended up losing 5-4 in a shootout.
With 3:05 remaining in overtime, Tommy Wingels pushed across what should have been the game-winning goal, except everyone missed it.
Watch as the puck squirts past Sabres goalie Ryan Miller’s right leg and defenseman Tyler Myers quickly kicks it back out. Our Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz has an explanation of what happened and says that no calls were made for the goal to be reviewed by the NHL’s War Room in Toronto. Looking at the image below, it’s pretty clear the game should have been over at that point.
— The Seattle Mariners have found their new manager. Lloyd McClendon wins the job over Oakland Athletics bench coach Chip Hale and San Francisco Giants bench coach Ron Wotus. It’s hard to argue with McClendon’s credentials. A good manager needs to be convincing in the heat of battle, and in that category, McClendon wins it in walkoff fashion.
— Signs you are in the wrong line of work: The 49ers will be paying Nnamdi Asomugha $470,000 to sit at home. According to 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco, Asomugha went unclaimed on waivers, which means the team is responsible for the remainder of his salary this season. Remember when Asomugha was one of the best cornerbacks in the league with the Raiders? That was a long, long time ago.
— Speaking of money… Floyd “Money” Mayweather was courtside at the Sacramento Kings game last night.
Mayweather must have taught DeMarcus Cousins the secrets of the Super Punch. That is pretty much the only way to explain this flop… The Kings ended up losing to the Atlanta Hawks 105-100.
(H/T: SB Nation for the GIF)
Time for some money links.
Field of Links:
— From the ridiculous injuries file: Ryan Lochte suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain when a fan tried to leap into his arms.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green returning to Warriors with aching finger, heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
- Raiders fans can dare to dream of Jon Gruden leading team to playoffs
- Former 49ers great Charles Haley tackles mental illness in HEADSTRONG
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|