Nov 6, 2013, 9:48 AM PDT
Somebody has some explaining to do. The San Jose Sharks were robbed of an overtime win on Tuesday night against the Buffalo Sabres and ended up losing 5-4 in a shootout.
With 3:05 remaining in overtime, Tommy Wingels pushed across what should have been the game-winning goal, except everyone missed it.
Watch as the puck squirts past Sabres goalie Ryan Miller’s right leg and defenseman Tyler Myers quickly kicks it back out. Our Sharks Insider Kevin Kurz has an explanation of what happened and says that no calls were made for the goal to be reviewed by the NHL’s War Room in Toronto. Looking at the image below, it’s pretty clear the game should have been over at that point.
— The Seattle Mariners have found their new manager. Lloyd McClendon wins the job over Oakland Athletics bench coach Chip Hale and San Francisco Giants bench coach Ron Wotus. It’s hard to argue with McClendon’s credentials. A good manager needs to be convincing in the heat of battle, and in that category, McClendon wins it in walkoff fashion.
— Signs you are in the wrong line of work: The 49ers will be paying Nnamdi Asomugha $470,000 to sit at home. According to 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco, Asomugha went unclaimed on waivers, which means the team is responsible for the remainder of his salary this season. Remember when Asomugha was one of the best cornerbacks in the league with the Raiders? That was a long, long time ago.
— Speaking of money… Floyd “Money” Mayweather was courtside at the Sacramento Kings game last night.
Mayweather must have taught DeMarcus Cousins the secrets of the Super Punch. That is pretty much the only way to explain this flop… The Kings ended up losing to the Atlanta Hawks 105-100.
(H/T: SB Nation for the GIF)
Time for some money links.
Field of Links:
— From the ridiculous injuries file: Ryan Lochte suffered a torn MCL and an ACL sprain when a fan tried to leap into his arms.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- TBT: Giants take on outfielder Michael Morse and his epic '80s walk-up song
- Stephen and Seth Curry bring their sibling rivalry to the NBA
- Memorial Pays Tribute to Children Killed in Alameda County
- NBC Bay Area Evictions Investigation Leads to Public Hearing
- 'The Kid' Arroyo continues wildly impressive first week with Giants
- DNA Test Requires Users to Give Up Rights
- Samardzija breaks down late-inning pitches vs Padres, overall progress
- Raiders Bolster Defense on Day 2 of NFL Draft
- Vanderdoes out to 'prove people wrong,' show Raiders his very best
- 49ers Nab QB in Third Round of NFL Draft
- Lawn Landfill at Mission Dolores Park in San Francisco
- Bochy on Arroyo's early power: 'Good to see the way he's letting it go'
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|