Nov 6, 2013, 2:28 PM PDT
Jim Harbaugh brings enthusiasm unknown to mankind to the football field. But does that approach work on kids? In September, the 49ers’ coach first appeared in a Visa commercial that showed him yelling at a group of disinterested youth football players.
The high-strung coach’s NFL approach contrasted with the sweet innocent style of the youth football players to produce a hilarious result for television. At 49ers’ headquarters in Santa Clara, that commercial recently became a reality — well, sort of — as part of Visa’s “My Football Fantasy” campaign.
On October 30, around 50 youth football players from the Santa Clara area gathered at the 49ers headquarters and Harbaugh personally led them through a 45-minute session. The whole thing was designed to be a publicity stunt with community ties, but the 49ers’ coach kept it real. He kicked all of the cameras off the field after the first five minutes of practice in order to spend some quality personal time with the youngsters.
There were no eye-rolls, yawns, or parents needing to protect their kids from the coach when he spoke this time around. It was football in its purest form. To say he made these kids’ football fantasies a reality would be an understatement.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Family Upset, Camp Apologizes After Boy Walks Away Unnoticed
- Santa Rosa Woman Arrested on Theft and Fraud Charges--Again
- New Details in PG&E Bankruptcy Bonus Battle
- 75 Yrs Later: Survivor's Story of Deadly Port Chicago Blast
- Berkeley to Remove All Gendered Words From City Code
- Repairs on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Nearly Finished
- Homer Bailey impresses new teammates, bests Mariners in A's debut
- Sharks prospects to watch: Why Ryan Merkley still has time to develop
- Giants' Mike Yastrzemski gets hot in Denver after nearly being demoted
- Raiders' Jon Gruden ranked as 15th-best veteran head coach by NFL.com
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|