Nov 6, 2013, 2:28 PM PDT
Jim Harbaugh brings enthusiasm unknown to mankind to the football field. But does that approach work on kids? In September, the 49ers’ coach first appeared in a Visa commercial that showed him yelling at a group of disinterested youth football players.
The high-strung coach’s NFL approach contrasted with the sweet innocent style of the youth football players to produce a hilarious result for television. At 49ers’ headquarters in Santa Clara, that commercial recently became a reality — well, sort of — as part of Visa’s “My Football Fantasy” campaign.
On October 30, around 50 youth football players from the Santa Clara area gathered at the 49ers headquarters and Harbaugh personally led them through a 45-minute session. The whole thing was designed to be a publicity stunt with community ties, but the 49ers’ coach kept it real. He kicked all of the cameras off the field after the first five minutes of practice in order to spend some quality personal time with the youngsters.
There were no eye-rolls, yawns, or parents needing to protect their kids from the coach when he spoke this time around. It was football in its purest form. To say he made these kids’ football fantasies a reality would be an understatement.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dog Attacks Wag Hotel Employees in Santa Clara
- 1 Injured in Shooting Inside Caldecott Tunnel
- Brooks Koepka's bid for U.S. Open history comes up short at Pebble Beach
- Gary Woodland achieves Father's Day dream with U.S. Open win at Pebble Beach
- Kings fan makes good on pledge, gets married in Harry Giles jersey
- U.S. Open 2019 payouts: Prize money for Gary Woodland's Pebble Beach win
- U.S. Open recap: Gary Woodland holds off Brooks Koepka; Tiger, Phil fade
- Giants fail to sweep Brewers, still happy with how they are playing
- Bruce Bochy reacts to quirk at Oracle Park he had never seen before
- A's considering removing struggling Lou Trivino from late-inning role
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|