Nov 6, 2013, 2:28 PM PDT
Jim Harbaugh brings enthusiasm unknown to mankind to the football field. But does that approach work on kids? In September, the 49ers’ coach first appeared in a Visa commercial that showed him yelling at a group of disinterested youth football players.
The high-strung coach’s NFL approach contrasted with the sweet innocent style of the youth football players to produce a hilarious result for television. At 49ers’ headquarters in Santa Clara, that commercial recently became a reality — well, sort of — as part of Visa’s “My Football Fantasy” campaign.
On October 30, around 50 youth football players from the Santa Clara area gathered at the 49ers headquarters and Harbaugh personally led them through a 45-minute session. The whole thing was designed to be a publicity stunt with community ties, but the 49ers’ coach kept it real. He kicked all of the cameras off the field after the first five minutes of practice in order to spend some quality personal time with the youngsters.
There were no eye-rolls, yawns, or parents needing to protect their kids from the coach when he spoke this time around. It was football in its purest form. To say he made these kids’ football fantasies a reality would be an understatement.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Sharks Pregame Live
- Madson focused on his pitching, not his role in A's bullpen
- Cueto toys with young prospect in Giants minor league game
- Barricaded Man in Santa Clara Surrenders to Police
- San Jose Police Investigate Suspicious Death Near School
- Kerr expects minutes restriction when Durant first comes back to Warriors
- Steph Curry signs autographs for Jr. Road Warriors
- Steve Kerr congratulates Mission High for state basketball championship
- All In: Mayor Schaaf Pleads for Raiders to Stay in Oakland
- Kerr, Warriors in preliminary stages of planning for Durant's return
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|