Nov 7, 2013, 11:01 AM PST
Atlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schroder was issued a one-game suspension for a low blow on Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, the NBA announced on Thursday.
Schroder struck Cousins in the groin during the Kings’ 105-100 loss to the Hawks on Tuesday night at Sleep Train Arena.
With 9:54 remaining in the fourth quarter, Schroder delivered the low blow and appeared to grab on as Cousins was in obvious pain.
The suspension was announced by NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn. The NBA even included a link to the video of the incident in their press release. Schroder will serve his suspension Thursday night against the Denver Nuggets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabbing on BART Train Shuts Down South Hayward Station
- City Settles Civil Rights Suit Filed by Palo Alto Man
- PG&E to Shut Off Power in 18 Counties, Three in Bay Area
- Kings' accumulated depth paying dividends as team creeps back to .500
- Bogdan Bogdanovic catches fire as Kings stay hot, finish off win over Suns
- List: School Closures Due to PG&E Power Shutoffs
- Bumping is Back: More Passengers Booted from Flights
- Warriors' hard work finally 'rewarded' with skid-busting win in Memphis
- Shot of the Game: Bogdan Bogdanovic drains 3-pointer for new scoring high
- Sharks' 6-Game Win Streak Snapped by Oilers
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|