Nov 7, 2013, 11:01 AM PDT
Atlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schroder was issued a one-game suspension for a low blow on Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, the NBA announced on Thursday.
Schroder struck Cousins in the groin during the Kings’ 105-100 loss to the Hawks on Tuesday night at Sleep Train Arena.
With 9:54 remaining in the fourth quarter, Schroder delivered the low blow and appeared to grab on as Cousins was in obvious pain.
The suspension was announced by NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn. The NBA even included a link to the video of the incident in their press release. Schroder will serve his suspension Thursday night against the Denver Nuggets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Redick got 'break-up call,' can't put finger on why Clippers didn't have fun
- The real issue that lingers now that OJ Simpson is a free man
- Down on the Farm: Voice of the River Cats evaluates Giants prospects
- Curry likes response to tweet comparing OJ Simpson hearing to 3-1 lead
- Steve Nash doesn't watch every Warriors game: 'I would think my value...'
- 49ers offense: Top competitions entering training camp
- 70,096-Acre Detwiler Fire Guts 45 Structures Near Yosemite
- SF Mayor Will Sign Eviction Law Following NBC Investigation
- Report: Cavs in serious talks with Derrick Rose
- Spieth, Koepka and Kuchar share Open lead
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Check out Mich…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|