Nov 7, 2013, 11:01 AM PDT
Atlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schroder was issued a one-game suspension for a low blow on Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, the NBA announced on Thursday.
Schroder struck Cousins in the groin during the Kings’ 105-100 loss to the Hawks on Tuesday night at Sleep Train Arena.
With 9:54 remaining in the fourth quarter, Schroder delivered the low blow and appeared to grab on as Cousins was in obvious pain.
The suspension was announced by NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn. The NBA even included a link to the video of the incident in their press release. Schroder will serve his suspension Thursday night against the Denver Nuggets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sheriff's Office Investigates Alamo Jewelry Store Burglary
- Former Grand Canyon Superintendent Returns to San Francisco
- Higher Health Standards for Contra Costa County Food Trucks
- Berkeley College Republicans Host Sean Spicer
- Iconic Beach Blanket Babylon Announces Final Performance
- Muni Scrambles to Inspect New Fleet After Coupler Failure
- A's end Astros' 10-game winning streak behind Matt Chapman, Frankie Montas
- Frankie Montas turning into the pitcher the A's hoped he would become
- Montas, A's Snap Astros' 10-Game Win Streak
- North Bay School District Changing Name Tied to Confederacy
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|