Nov 7, 2013, 11:01 AM PDT
Atlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schroder was issued a one-game suspension for a low blow on Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, the NBA announced on Thursday.
Schroder struck Cousins in the groin during the Kings’ 105-100 loss to the Hawks on Tuesday night at Sleep Train Arena.
With 9:54 remaining in the fourth quarter, Schroder delivered the low blow and appeared to grab on as Cousins was in obvious pain.
The suspension was announced by NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn. The NBA even included a link to the video of the incident in their press release. Schroder will serve his suspension Thursday night against the Denver Nuggets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Gossett gets no support from offense, A's blanked by Seattle
- Arrest Made in Purse Snatching That Injured Elderly Woman
- Jed York Says 49ers Abstained From NFL Anthem Vote
- 49ers unveil 1994 throwback uniforms to be worn for one game
- Bay Area Voters Accidentally Unregistered
- Semien's error costs Gossett in A's 1-0 loss to Mariners
- Tesla: Autopilot Was Not Engaged in East Bay Pond Crash
- Tip of Aer Lingus Plane Wing Hits Concrete Wall at SFO
- Judge Dismisses Charges Against 49ers Reuben Foster
- Uber Ends Self-Driving Program in Arizona After Fatal Crash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|