Nov 7, 2013, 11:01 AM PDT
Atlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schroder was issued a one-game suspension for a low blow on Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, the NBA announced on Thursday.
Schroder struck Cousins in the groin during the Kings’ 105-100 loss to the Hawks on Tuesday night at Sleep Train Arena.
With 9:54 remaining in the fourth quarter, Schroder delivered the low blow and appeared to grab on as Cousins was in obvious pain.
The suspension was announced by NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn. The NBA even included a link to the video of the incident in their press release. Schroder will serve his suspension Thursday night against the Denver Nuggets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bay Bridge Billboard Calls for President Trump's Impeachment
- Kerr asked about Damian Jones: 'The other thing that hurts all the centers...'
- 'Rally Against White Supremacy' Slated for Berkeley
- Norman targets Crabtree, Cooper in postgame rant after Raiders loss
- Steve Kerr: Warriors 'the most unselfish team around, but...'
- Three teams chasing Giants in tight race for first overall pick
- Niners Defense Loses a Standout in Carradine
- Raiders Offensive Line Has Rare Off Night
- Raiders snap count: Sean Smith the odd man out
- Collision in Oakland Injures 2 Officers, Civilian: Police
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|