Nov 7, 2013, 11:01 AM PST
Atlanta Hawks guard Dennis Schroder was issued a one-game suspension for a low blow on Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, the NBA announced on Thursday.
Schroder struck Cousins in the groin during the Kings’ 105-100 loss to the Hawks on Tuesday night at Sleep Train Arena.
With 9:54 remaining in the fourth quarter, Schroder delivered the low blow and appeared to grab on as Cousins was in obvious pain.
The suspension was announced by NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn. The NBA even included a link to the video of the incident in their press release. Schroder will serve his suspension Thursday night against the Denver Nuggets.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks remain undefeated after bye week with win in Arizona
- Mikkel Boedker stays hot with second goal in as many games
- Airbnb Hosts in SF Scramble to Register Listings With City
- SJ City Council to Mull Increased Civilian Oversight for PD
- 4 Hurt in Campus Riot Over Milo Yiannopoulos Speech Sue Cal
- Andrew McCutchen: The GIF that keeps on GIFing
- Mike Krukow named 2017 Sportscaster of the year
- Trade Talk: Samardzija on Longo and Cutch acquisitions
- CHP Motorcycle Cop Hurt, Driver Arrested After Hwy. 4 Wreck
- Massive Developments Get Green Light in South Bay
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|