Nov 8, 2013, 8:48 AM PDT
The Stanford Cardinal’s potent combination of brains and brawn led to a 26-20 win over the Oregon Ducks on Thursday. The final score wasn’t indicative of how one-sided Stanford’s win truly was. They beat the Ducks so bad that one of their players was seen crying on the sideline.
Cardinal running back Tyler Gaffney ran the ball a school-record 45 times for 157 yards. Not bad for a guy that quit baseball to come back to Stanford, writes CSNBayArea.com contributor Kyle Bonagura.
“When Tyler came back from baseball, he talked about missing Stanford University, he talked about missing his brothers, and he used the word brothers,” Cardinal coach David Shaw said. “It hurt him so bad. Even though he was doing great playing baseball, I think it hurt him watching his team play without him last year.”
— After being robbed of a game-winning overtime goal on Tuesday, the hockey gods paid the San Jose Sharks back with the most improbable goal ever. You may have to watch this one a few times. It bounces off the boards, kicks up on top of the net, then bounces off Roberto Luongo for a goal.
Unfortunately, Antti Niemi had a brutal night and was bounced from the game as the Vancouver Canucks won 4-2.
Time to break out some fresh Friday links.
Field of Links:
— Feel good story of the day: A Florida man was arrested for calling 9-1-1 after they wouldn’t allow him to bring his cat into a strip club. Any headline that begins with “Florida man” is always hilarious.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Heliot Ramos' advancement offensively 'really encouraging to see' for Giants
- Steve Kerr explains particular area Steph Curry has to be better in
- NBA rumors: Kawhi Leonard's teammates think Lakers or Clippers will land star
- Molting Elephant Seal Draws Spectators at SF Aquatic Park
- Why Raiders will play five straight games away from home in 2019 season
- Despite some improvements, Giants' Drew Pomeranz is off to a slow start
- Warriors enter Game 3 searching for 'killer instinct' they used to have
- Giants lose series to Nationals with 4-2 loss
- IPO Mania: Zoom, Pinterest Surge in Market Debuts
- Giants' Bruce Bochy, Brandon Belt frustrated by calls behind the plate
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|