Nov 11, 2013, 3:38 PM PDT
The Harlem Globetrotters literally brought the house down during their most recent stop in Central America. The backboards at Nacional de Ingenieros Coliseum in Tegucigalpa, Honduras couldn’t withstand the force from a hanging dunk by Globetrotters player Bull Bullard.
After Bullard slammed the ball, he attempted to put his feet on the backboard and the entire hoop fell on top of him. Bullard was able to walk off the court under his own power after he escaped the terrifying moment with nothing more than a cut above the eye.
There have been no reports of foul play from the Washington Generals.
You can see Bullard and his friends attempt to crush the much sturdier hoops in the Bay Area starting on January 17.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- With Yankees on the prowl, error costs Sonny Gray in loss to Blue Jays
- Harvey Milk Could Be Honored With Name on SFO's Terminal 1
- Survivor of Deadly Calif. Crash Blames Social Media
- WATCH: A's Postgame Live
- Supervisor Wants to Ban Flame-Retardant Chemicals in SF
- Barbers Rescue Abandoned Baby, Say 'He's Part of the Family'
- Calif. Gov. Extends Climate Change Bill, Adds 10 Years
- WATCH: Pirates vs Giants
- Passengers Rescued From Gilroy Gardens Monorail
- Developmentally Disabled Woman Allegedly Raped by Life Coach
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|