Nov 11, 2013, 3:38 PM PDT
The Harlem Globetrotters literally brought the house down during their most recent stop in Central America. The backboards at Nacional de Ingenieros Coliseum in Tegucigalpa, Honduras couldn’t withstand the force from a hanging dunk by Globetrotters player Bull Bullard.
After Bullard slammed the ball, he attempted to put his feet on the backboard and the entire hoop fell on top of him. Bullard was able to walk off the court under his own power after he escaped the terrifying moment with nothing more than a cut above the eye.
There have been no reports of foul play from the Washington Generals.
You can see Bullard and his friends attempt to crush the much sturdier hoops in the Bay Area starting on January 17.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Giants Notes: Span feeling better, hopes to return to lineup Wednesday
- Injuries to Hahn, Alonso compound A's loss to Marlins
- Proposed High School Site Near Santa Rita Jail Rejected
- Consumers Feel Duped by Local Matchmaker
- Bay Area on Heightened Alert Following Manchester Bombing
- SF-Bound United Flight Evacuated at Newark Airport
- Saratoga High Student Arrested for Threatening Violence
- Alonso feels 'lucky,' thought he broke wrist on HBP
- SF Public Defender Launches New Immigration Court Unit
- Hahn goes into detail about injury that forced him out of game vs Miami
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|