Nov 11, 2013, 3:38 PM PDT
The Harlem Globetrotters literally brought the house down during their most recent stop in Central America. The backboards at Nacional de Ingenieros Coliseum in Tegucigalpa, Honduras couldn’t withstand the force from a hanging dunk by Globetrotters player Bull Bullard.
After Bullard slammed the ball, he attempted to put his feet on the backboard and the entire hoop fell on top of him. Bullard was able to walk off the court under his own power after he escaped the terrifying moment with nothing more than a cut above the eye.
There have been no reports of foul play from the Washington Generals.
You can see Bullard and his friends attempt to crush the much sturdier hoops in the Bay Area starting on January 17.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- WATCH: Warriors Pregame Live
- South Bay Students Use Tech To Study Religious Diversity
- Relocation approval 'offers more clarity' when Raiders recruit future free agents
- Warriors to update Durant's status on Wednesday
- Fire Scorches 420-Plus Tons of Hay at Fresno Ranch
- 49ers GM Lynch speaks with Harbaugh about Michigan prospects
- NFL centralizes replay reviews, Del Rio wants more freedom in challenges
- Student Filmmakers Get a Shot in Sonoma Int'l Film Fest
- Pursuit Ends in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Pittsburg
- A's Insider Podcast: Matt Joyce
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|