Nov 11, 2013, 3:38 PM PDT
The Harlem Globetrotters literally brought the house down during their most recent stop in Central America. The backboards at Nacional de Ingenieros Coliseum in Tegucigalpa, Honduras couldn’t withstand the force from a hanging dunk by Globetrotters player Bull Bullard.
After Bullard slammed the ball, he attempted to put his feet on the backboard and the entire hoop fell on top of him. Bullard was able to walk off the court under his own power after he escaped the terrifying moment with nothing more than a cut above the eye.
There have been no reports of foul play from the Washington Generals.
You can see Bullard and his friends attempt to crush the much sturdier hoops in the Bay Area starting on January 17.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warriors solve three major problems by cutting back on fouls vs. Suns
- Warriors Cruise Past Suns 123-103
- SF Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White Announces Retirement
- Three-Alarm Fire at SF Apartment Building Contained: SFFD
- Judge Upholds Weed Killer Verdict, Reduces Jury Award
- Man, 73, Cited For Vandalizing Candidate Campaign Sign
- Giants cut Kelby Tomlinson, four more from 40-man roster before MLB offseason
- Steph Curry, Dell Curry move up on NBA's father-son scoring list
- Warriors think they finally looked like themselves in big win vs. Suns
- NFL rumors: Derek Carr has 'fractured relationship' with Raiders teammates
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|