Nov 11, 2013, 4:32 PM PDT
Terelle Pryor’s 2008 Big Ten championship ring is for sale on eBay and he won’t see a penny of the profit. The ring that is listed for $16,499 online, is being sold by the man who bought the ring from Edward Rife, the tattoo parlor owner that exchanged body ink for Pryor’s Ohio State memorabilia.
The initial sale of the ring sparked a widespread NCAA scandal that eventually led to the termination of Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel and the suspension of Pryor and four of his teammates. Pryor was also suspended for his first five NFL games as a result of the incident.
Now that Pryor is making NFL money and has all the tattoos he’ll ever need, maybe he can buy the ring and keep it as motivation. He is the rightful owner, after all.
Like a ring, things in life have a way of coming full circle.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bay Bridge Billboard Calls for President Trump's Impeachment
- Kerr asked about Damian Jones: 'The other thing that hurts all the centers...'
- 'Rally Against White Supremacy' Slated for Berkeley
- Norman targets Crabtree, Cooper in postgame rant after Raiders loss
- Steve Kerr: Warriors 'the most unselfish team around, but...'
- Three teams chasing Giants in tight race for first overall pick
- Niners Defense Loses a Standout in Carradine
- Raiders Offensive Line Has Rare Off Night
- Raiders snap count: Sean Smith the odd man out
- Collision in Oakland Injures 2 Officers, Civilian: Police
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|