Nov 11, 2013, 4:32 PM PST
Terelle Pryor’s 2008 Big Ten championship ring is for sale on eBay and he won’t see a penny of the profit. The ring that is listed for $16,499 online, is being sold by the man who bought the ring from Edward Rife, the tattoo parlor owner that exchanged body ink for Pryor’s Ohio State memorabilia.
The initial sale of the ring sparked a widespread NCAA scandal that eventually led to the termination of Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel and the suspension of Pryor and four of his teammates. Pryor was also suspended for his first five NFL games as a result of the incident.
Now that Pryor is making NFL money and has all the tattoos he’ll ever need, maybe he can buy the ring and keep it as motivation. He is the rightful owner, after all.
Like a ring, things in life have a way of coming full circle.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sharks trade reigning AHL goalie of the year for late pick
- Bumgarner ready if Giants want to take advantage of early schedule
- ICE Officials Reportedly Spotted in Napa: Witnesses
- Hwy. 1 Reopens Near San Gregorio State Beach
- California Democratic Party Isn't Backing Dianne Feinstein
- Martin Jones' biggest strength lately? Stopping the Wild's
- Menlo Park PD Searching for Man Who Reportedly Fired Rifle
- Watch: Thomas nearly makes ace ... off rock wall
- Watch: Tiger's drive startles strolling duck
- Watch: Tiger's Sunday birdies at the Honda
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|