Nov 11, 2013, 4:32 PM PDT
Terelle Pryor’s 2008 Big Ten championship ring is for sale on eBay and he won’t see a penny of the profit. The ring that is listed for $16,499 online, is being sold by the man who bought the ring from Edward Rife, the tattoo parlor owner that exchanged body ink for Pryor’s Ohio State memorabilia.
The initial sale of the ring sparked a widespread NCAA scandal that eventually led to the termination of Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel and the suspension of Pryor and four of his teammates. Pryor was also suspended for his first five NFL games as a result of the incident.
Now that Pryor is making NFL money and has all the tattoos he’ll ever need, maybe he can buy the ring and keep it as motivation. He is the rightful owner, after all.
Like a ring, things in life have a way of coming full circle.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- Throwback Thursday: Tyson banned for biting Holyfield's ears
- Ever wonder what MLB players talk about at 1B?
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- Sharks vs. Sabres live stream: Watch NHL game online on MyTeams
- Water Main Break Prompts Street Closure in Alameda
- 49ers-Rams injury report: CB Jimmie Ward unlikely to play Sunday
- Jazz a revenge game for Jonas Jerebko? 'Don’t really care about them anymore'
- Richard Sherman explains why he's not disappointed teams aren't targeting him
- Marin-native Jared Goff addresses Bay Area-LA rivalry
- 'Amazon Go' Store Approved for SF's Financial District
- Sharks debuting new 3D helmet decal on Stealth Night
- Evaluating A's arbitration in 2018 MLB offseason: Liam Hendriks
- Why Raiders might wade back into NFL trade market with rumors swirling
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|