Nov 13, 2013, 1:30 PM PST
You can immediately cross free agent reliever Brian Wilson off the New York Yankees’ offseason shopping list.
The Yankees have a strict policy against facial hair and Wilson, well, he’s so grizzly at this point that even his trusty Sasquatch friend is jealous.
Check out this tweet from Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News:
Wilson has already made it quite clear that no amount of money will convince him to part ways with his unruly wizard-length beard. He recently turned down a $1 million offer to shave from an online razor retailer.
The Yankees are looking to replace all-time saves leader, Mariano Rivera, who retired at the end of the 2013 season. They’ll have to pluck a baby-faced flamethrower out of the free agent pool.
Wilson spent part of the 2013 with the Los Angeles Dodgers. The former Giant had a 0.66 ERA in 18 appearances after recovering from his second Tommy John surgery.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Man Faces Murder Charge in Crash That Killed 4-Year-Old Girl
- Struggling SF Kink Cafe Turns to Crowdsourcing to Stay Open
- East Bay Mom Takes Holistic Approach to Fighting Off Flu
- Jack Cooley gets an All-Star vote
- San Jose Land Slated For High Rise is Contaminated: Lawsuit
- Sharks Unable to Cap Off Comeback Against MacKinnon, Avs
- Former Cal Women's Hoops Star Files Sexual Assault Lawsuit
- SF Won't Veer From Protecting Sanctuary City Policies: Mayor
- Sharks can't cap off comeback against MacKinnon, streaking Avalanche
- Flu Virus Can Be Spread Just From Breathing: New Study
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|