Nov 13, 2013, 1:30 PM PDT
You can immediately cross free agent reliever Brian Wilson off the New York Yankees’ offseason shopping list.
The Yankees have a strict policy against facial hair and Wilson, well, he’s so grizzly at this point that even his trusty Sasquatch friend is jealous.
Check out this tweet from Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News:
Wilson has already made it quite clear that no amount of money will convince him to part ways with his unruly wizard-length beard. He recently turned down a $1 million offer to shave from an online razor retailer.
The Yankees are looking to replace all-time saves leader, Mariano Rivera, who retired at the end of the 2013 season. They’ll have to pluck a baby-faced flamethrower out of the free agent pool.
Wilson spent part of the 2013 with the Los Angeles Dodgers. The former Giant had a 0.66 ERA in 18 appearances after recovering from his second Tommy John surgery.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- With Yankees on the prowl, error costs Sonny Gray in loss to Blue Jays
- Harvey Milk Could Be Honored With Name on SFO's Terminal 1
- Survivor of Deadly Calif. Crash Blames Social Media
- WATCH: A's Postgame Live
- Supervisor Wants to Ban Flame-Retardant Chemicals in SF
- Barbers Rescue Abandoned Baby, Say 'He's Part of the Family'
- Calif. Gov. Extends Climate Change Bill, Adds 10 Years
- WATCH: Pirates vs Giants
- Passengers Rescued From Gilroy Gardens Monorail
- Developmentally Disabled Woman Allegedly Raped by Life Coach
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Curry…|
|louiecarmae on More pics of Balfour’s m…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: ‘Get Nin…|