Nov 14, 2013, 9:15 AM PDT
It’s way too early for Christmas commercials. Can’t we at least wait until after Thanksgiving? Anyways, this NBA spot is pretty innovative. Jingle Hoops all the way.
The creativity level is off the charts. You almost don’t notice the hideous sleeved jerseys the players are wearing. Warriors guard Stephen Curry holds his own with Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Steve Nash and LeBron James. There was probably a bit of CG involved, but imagine how awful it would be to shoot that commercial with someone that has a crappy jump shot.
— Oh what fun it is to ride from cheer to a near on-court brawl. The Los Angeles Clippers and Oklahoma City Thunder nearly came to blows on Wednesday night. The fracas resulted in ejections for Matt Barnes of the Clippers and Serge Ibaka of the Thunder. Clippers forward Blake Griffin received a technical foul.
After the minor disagreement, former Warrior Matt Barnes took to Twitter to vent, which is usually a phenomenal idea.
This all would have never happened if every arena had a jingle bell-equipped hoop to calm the nerves of ejected players.
— OK. Back to holiday cheer. Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez was recently named National League Rookie of the Year. The Cuban defector pitched through an incredible amount of uncertainty as it pertains to his family life. If you watch one video today, make it this one. Be ready to shed a tear when he is surprised by a reunion with his grandmother.
Field of Links:
— Does this look like a mayor that smokes crack? *Scans photo and sees jersey and cowboy boots* Hint: The answer is yes.
— You will certainly lose brain cells after watching this video. What does the Fox say to a pizza delivery guy?
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dogs Shot While Deputies Patrol Castro Valley Homeless Camp
- Raiders DC Paul Guenther calls Vontaze Burfict suspension 'a witch hunt'
- NFL trade deadline: Position-by-position look at 49ers' plan of attack
- Andre Iguodala discusses his NBA future, won't be like Vince Carter
- Richard Sherman says Jalen Ramsey has all leverage after Rams' trade
- Five observations from Warriors' 33-point preseason loss to Lakers
- Why George Kittle, Joe Staley spoke in Canadian accents in viral video
- Loma Prieta: Looking Back on the Earthquake 30 Years Later
- How 49ers might approach NFL trade deadline at each position
- How the Loma Prieta Earthquake Changed Sports
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|