Nov 14, 2013, 2:37 PM PST
The Harlem Globetrotters are getting a lot of attention lately. Just days after one Globetrotter injured himself smashing a basketball hoop on a dunk, his teammate smashed a Guinness World Record for longest basketball shot.
Thunder Law (probably not his real name) launched a basketball across the court from the third row of the U.S. Airways Center that managed to end up in the hoop. The 109-foot, nine-inch shot beat the previous record by over five inches. A Guinness World Records representative was on hand ready to document the event.
Would anyone else love to see Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry try this? He seems to hit deep shots with ease.
Speaking of World Records, the Sacramento Kings will be attempting to break an indoor arena noise record on Friday. They seem pretty confident, as they too will have a Guinness World Records representative on hand. They are calling the event “Here We Roar” night.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Overturned Tanker Truck on Hwy. 101 in San Martin
- Draymond Green willing to return despite aching finger and heavy heart
- Steph Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan for Hall of Fame comment
- HEADSTRONG: Charles Haley opens up on his bipolar disease, mental illness
- Bay Area rapper E-40 drops 49ers-themed song before game vs. Seahawks
- Raiders fans can dare to dream of Jon Gruden leading team to playoffs
- Former 49ers great Charles Haley tackles mental illness in HEADSTRONG
- Rebirth, Angst and the 'New Normal' of California Wildfires
- NFL Draft 2020: Where 49ers, Raiders would pick if season ended today
- San Quinn, Young Sight get you hyped for 49ers-Seahawks prime-time clash
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|