Nov 14, 2013, 2:37 PM PDT
The Harlem Globetrotters are getting a lot of attention lately. Just days after one Globetrotter injured himself smashing a basketball hoop on a dunk, his teammate smashed a Guinness World Record for longest basketball shot.
Thunder Law (probably not his real name) launched a basketball across the court from the third row of the U.S. Airways Center that managed to end up in the hoop. The 109-foot, nine-inch shot beat the previous record by over five inches. A Guinness World Records representative was on hand ready to document the event.
Would anyone else love to see Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry try this? He seems to hit deep shots with ease.
Speaking of World Records, the Sacramento Kings will be attempting to break an indoor arena noise record on Friday. They seem pretty confident, as they too will have a Guinness World Records representative on hand. They are calling the event “Here We Roar” night.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bay Bridge Billboard Calls for President Trump's Impeachment
- Kerr asked about Damian Jones: 'The other thing that hurts all the centers...'
- 'Rally Against White Supremacy' Slated for Berkeley
- Norman targets Crabtree, Cooper in postgame rant after Raiders loss
- Steve Kerr: Warriors 'the most unselfish team around, but...'
- Three teams chasing Giants in tight race for first overall pick
- Niners Defense Loses a Standout in Carradine
- Raiders Offensive Line Has Rare Off Night
- Raiders snap count: Sean Smith the odd man out
- Collision in Oakland Injures 2 Officers, Civilian: Police
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|