Nov 14, 2013, 2:37 PM PST
The Harlem Globetrotters are getting a lot of attention lately. Just days after one Globetrotter injured himself smashing a basketball hoop on a dunk, his teammate smashed a Guinness World Record for longest basketball shot.
Thunder Law (probably not his real name) launched a basketball across the court from the third row of the U.S. Airways Center that managed to end up in the hoop. The 109-foot, nine-inch shot beat the previous record by over five inches. A Guinness World Records representative was on hand ready to document the event.
Would anyone else love to see Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry try this? He seems to hit deep shots with ease.
Speaking of World Records, the Sacramento Kings will be attempting to break an indoor arena noise record on Friday. They seem pretty confident, as they too will have a Guinness World Records representative on hand. They are calling the event “Here We Roar” night.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- VIDEO: SF Batkid saves Giants' mascot Lou Seal from Penguin
- Field of Links: Dodgers' disrespectful dunk, Coco's many handshakes, Giants rookies strip down
- Former Cal Bear Jaylen Brown holds heavy heart in win over Warriors
- Khalil Mack wants to be Raider for life: 'That’s a no-brainer for me'
- A's Hire Design Firms For Proposed New Baseball Stadium
- Awards season reminds us how far Giants fell in 2017
- Five Men Sue San Jose Police, City For Gay Sting Operation
- Steinle Trial: Jurors Can Consider 1st-Degree Murder Verdict
- UC Regents Chastise System President's ‘Poor Judgment’
- First New Muni Train Goes Into Service in San Francisco
- Escaped 'Psychopath' Explains Why He Fled Hawaii Hospital
- Tesla Unveils Plans For Electric Semi, New Roadster
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|