Nov 14, 2013, 2:37 PM PDT
The Harlem Globetrotters are getting a lot of attention lately. Just days after one Globetrotter injured himself smashing a basketball hoop on a dunk, his teammate smashed a Guinness World Record for longest basketball shot.
Thunder Law (probably not his real name) launched a basketball across the court from the third row of the U.S. Airways Center that managed to end up in the hoop. The 109-foot, nine-inch shot beat the previous record by over five inches. A Guinness World Records representative was on hand ready to document the event.
Would anyone else love to see Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry try this? He seems to hit deep shots with ease.
Speaking of World Records, the Sacramento Kings will be attempting to break an indoor arena noise record on Friday. They seem pretty confident, as they too will have a Guinness World Records representative on hand. They are calling the event “Here We Roar” night.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Latest round of bullpen auditions go poorly in Giants' 50th loss
- Highlights: Giants rookie Ryder Jones shows off his glove in MLB debut
- Is it officially audition time for Giants' young players? Bochy answers
- Bochy: Based on performances, Cueto 'should have a couple (more) wins here'
- Giants Fall to Mets in Cueto-deGrom Battle
- Instant Analysis: Five takeaways from Giants' 50th loss of the season
- San Francisco to Blow Kisses to the World From Pink Triangle
- San Francisco Luminous in Rainbow Colors for Pride 2017
- Does Draymond still care about DPOY after another ring? 'At this point...'
- Draymond explains why he doesn't care about DPOY award anymore
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: SB48 fall…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sogard surging…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Sharks chomp P…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|