Nov 14, 2013, 1:40 PM PDT
It would cost a San Jose Sharks fan around $68.75 to fill the Stanley Cup with beer purchased at SAP Center.
The price of the aforementioned dream scenario was revealed in a recent study by SaveonBrew.com. The same research determined that Sharks fans get one of the best beer deals in the league.
A 16-ounce beer in San Jose will cost you $6.25. The website’s findings indicate the Stanley Cup comfortably holds 168 ounces of beer. Therefore it would take 11 of the 16-ounce beers at SAP Center to complete the task with about eight ounces to spare.
If you don’t have a cherished NHL chalice on hand and simply want to have a good time, three beers will set you back $18.75 in San Jose. That’s noteworthy because only eight hockey arenas have beer prices that are inexpensive enough to buy three brews for under $20.
SaveOnBrew.com’s study says the best beer prices in the NHL are at the home of the Washington Capitals, where $8 gets you a 24-ounce cup. Meanwhile, Madison Square Garden, the home of the New York Rangers, charges a whopping $8.75 for a 12-ounce brew. That means Rangers fans would have to pay $123 to fill the Stanley Cup at their arena. Suckers.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bay Bridge Billboard Calls for President Trump's Impeachment
- Kerr asked about Damian Jones: 'The other thing that hurts all the centers...'
- 'Rally Against White Supremacy' Slated for Berkeley
- Norman targets Crabtree, Cooper in postgame rant after Raiders loss
- Steve Kerr: Warriors 'the most unselfish team around, but...'
- Three teams chasing Giants in tight race for first overall pick
- Niners Defense Loses a Standout in Carradine
- Raiders Offensive Line Has Rare Off Night
- Raiders snap count: Sean Smith the odd man out
- Collision in Oakland Injures 2 Officers, Civilian: Police
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Rod Streater d…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Eric Sogard on…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|