Nov 15, 2013, 8:15 AM PST
He’s a mild-mannered five-year-old child by day, but when duty calls, he becomes Batkid. This youngster named Miles has been successfully fighting Leukemia for four years. Villains like The Joker, The Riddler and Penguin don’t seem nearly as tough. San Francisco has been transformed into Gotham City and Miles will be its Dark Knight.
With help from Make-A-Wish, Miles will fight crime all around the city.
– He’ll rescue a damsel in distress from the Hyde Street cable car line around 10:15 a.m.
– Stop The Riddler during an in-progress bank robbery at 11:15 a.m.
– Enjoy lunch at the Burger Bar at 12:30 p.m., until a flash mob summons him to help stop the Penguin.
– He’ll rescue San Francisco’s beloved mascot, Lou Seal, around 1:00 p.m., in a heroic chase that culminates at AT&T Park.
– Miles’ historic city-saving efforts will be celebrated on the steps of Gotham City Hall at 2:00 p.m. and you can see it live at this link.
– There’s nothing more brave than a five-year-old kid rescuing Gotham City from super villains, but this is close (and also cute). In Soviet Russia, kid wrestles bear.
That kid grew up to be UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov. And the bear, well, he went on to become a dancing sensation during the National League Championship Series.
Time to wrestle with some links.
Field of Links:
– The MLB Cy Young winners are now honorary WWE Champions.
– Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker was head butted sans helmet. That’ll be good for the NFL and their ol’ concussion controversy. Needless to say, Indianapolis Colts linebacker Eric Walden can expect a fine.
– Brian Wilson refuses to sign with the New York Yankees because they’d want him to shave his beard. Well, Atlanta Braves closer Craig Kimbel may have found him a job.
– These guys sent us a message claiming their song was the anthem of No Shave November. We’ll take their word for it.
– What’s better than No Shave November? Dinovember. For an entire month the parents of some poor impressionable child are tricking their young one into believing his dinosaur toys come to life at night by staging scenes like this:
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bills-Jets Monday night game relocated to Detroit
- Washington-49ers matchup No.3: Clark vs. Kaepernick
- Report: Blue Jays get in on Sandoval sweepstakes
- McDonald's best game after 'big weight off my shoulders'
- Giants DFA Gutierrez, protect four prospects
- Waldow leads Saint Mary's past Denver 78-62
- Cal beats No. 23 Syracuse 73-59 in 2K Classic
- 49ers plan to use rotation at outside linebacker
- What they're saying: Raiders avoid possible 0-16 season
- Shot of the Game: Couture pokes rebound past Luongo
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|
|anaympatel on Check out Stephen Curry’…|