Nov 15, 2013, 4:16 PM PDT
Batkid piqued the interest of the nation while saving damsels in distress and thwarting bank robberies. But when the Penguin kidnapped San Francisco Giants mascot Lou Seal, the sports world clearly took exception.
The news of Batkid’s heroic exploits in Gotham City traveled far and wide. It even made it into the San Francisco 49ers’ locker room.
“I just saw it last night on the news and I just think it’s wonderful, wonderful,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. “Great for that youngster and great for the city of San Francisco and the whole region. Excited to read about it. Saving lives for the day. I love it. That’s so good. Good deed in a weary world.”
Many prominent athletes also took to Twitter support the lil’ Caped Crusader.
Several sports franchises tweeted about Batkid. According to MLB Network, there were 52,389 tweets using #SFBatkid while he was at AT&T Park.
Based on the mini Dark Knight’s rescue of Lou Seal, the Giants’ mascot became the No. 6 trending topic worldwide. The day was a complete success for all involved. Most importantly, it’s a day that young Miles — a child that has been fighting Leukemia for four years — will never forget.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- A's Dave Kaval responds to Mark Davis remarks, fees bad for Raiders fans
- Brandon Belt, Kevin Pillar provide offense as Logan Webb wins Giants' debut
- NBC Bay Area and Telemundo 48 Team Up to Clear the Shelters
- Giants prospect Jaylin Davis has six homers in last three MILB games
- Harrison Barnes all smiles as last Kings player on Team USA roster
- 'Tough mentality' early helps Giants' Logan Webb earn win in MLB debut
- Man Arrested in Assault, Robbery of Tanforan Mall Employee
- Brandon Belt drives in six as Giants beat D-backs in Logan Webb's debut
- Drive of the Game: Brandon Belt's grand slam gives Giants 4-2 lead
- Chris Wondolowski scores early, but Earthquakes fall to Sporting KC
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|