Nov 15, 2013, 4:16 PM PST
Batkid piqued the interest of the nation while saving damsels in distress and thwarting bank robberies. But when the Penguin kidnapped San Francisco Giants mascot Lou Seal, the sports world clearly took exception.
The news of Batkid’s heroic exploits in Gotham City traveled far and wide. It even made it into the San Francisco 49ers’ locker room.
“I just saw it last night on the news and I just think it’s wonderful, wonderful,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. “Great for that youngster and great for the city of San Francisco and the whole region. Excited to read about it. Saving lives for the day. I love it. That’s so good. Good deed in a weary world.”
Many prominent athletes also took to Twitter support the lil’ Caped Crusader.
Several sports franchises tweeted about Batkid. According to MLB Network, there were 52,389 tweets using #SFBatkid while he was at AT&T Park.
Based on the mini Dark Knight’s rescue of Lou Seal, the Giants’ mascot became the No. 6 trending topic worldwide. The day was a complete success for all involved. Most importantly, it’s a day that young Miles — a child that has been fighting Leukemia for four years — will never forget.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- More pics of Balfour's massive truck, and a look at another monster rig
- Field of Links: Ray Lewis has a check for Ahmad Brooks, Rangers' marketing mistake
- Check out Stephen Curry's 'Voodoo' shoes
- Roy Steele narrates phenomenal 'This is Oakland' video
- Warriors say their showing progress even if the scoreboard says otherwise
- Kings' lack of maintaining intensity costs them game vs. lowly Knicks
- Jimmy Garoppolo 'really good,' but not elite, analyst Chris Simms says
- Warriors 'tired of losing' after falling to 5-22 on season
- Alec Burks drops 24 points against former team, but Warriors fall to Jazz
- Shot of the Game: Kings' Buddy Hield with an up and under slam
- Shot of the Game: Marquese Chriss follows block with wide-open dunk
- Bogdan Bogdanovic channels MJ, Steph Curry with shrug after 3-pointer
- Kings takeaways: What we learned in tough 103-101 loss to Knicks
- Analyst Chris Simms doesn't believe Jimmy G is elite
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|