Nov 15, 2013, 4:16 PM PST
Batkid piqued the interest of the nation while saving damsels in distress and thwarting bank robberies. But when the Penguin kidnapped San Francisco Giants mascot Lou Seal, the sports world clearly took exception.
The news of Batkid’s heroic exploits in Gotham City traveled far and wide. It even made it into the San Francisco 49ers’ locker room.
“I just saw it last night on the news and I just think it’s wonderful, wonderful,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. “Great for that youngster and great for the city of San Francisco and the whole region. Excited to read about it. Saving lives for the day. I love it. That’s so good. Good deed in a weary world.”
Many prominent athletes also took to Twitter support the lil’ Caped Crusader.
Several sports franchises tweeted about Batkid. According to MLB Network, there were 52,389 tweets using #SFBatkid while he was at AT&T Park.
Based on the mini Dark Knight’s rescue of Lou Seal, the Giants’ mascot became the No. 6 trending topic worldwide. The day was a complete success for all involved. Most importantly, it’s a day that young Miles — a child that has been fighting Leukemia for four years — will never forget.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Field of Links: 2Pac look-alike at Warriors game, Danville teacher asks Will Ferrell to Senior Prom
- Ever wonder what happened to the Warriors' old mascot?
- Find out where the 49ers stand in the EA Sports Madden 25 ratings
- WWE Superstar announces he is gay, receives overwhelming support
- See the A's wives and girlfriends run miles for smiles
- George Karl 'excited' to watch DeMarcus Cousins' Warriors debut vs. Clippers
- Raiders' Jalen Richard Evolves into Deluxe Receiver
- Giants' Joey Bart named top catching prospect in baseball by MLB Pipeline
- DeMarcus Cousins’ debut means Warriors will face 10 crucial questions
- Berkeley Native to Compete in NBC's 'Titan Games'
- 3.5 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Near Piedmont
- Heavy Storm Impacts Bay Area Traffic
- Bay Area Storm Causes Power Outages Affecting Thousands
- 44 People Sickened After Eating Contaminated Oysters
- Will players putt with the pins in at the Masters? Fred Ridley didn't say no
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|