Nov 18, 2013, 9:01 AM PDT
Anthony Dixon is one of the most entertaining San Francisco 49ers to follow on Twitter. His posts are usually upbeat, abstract and hilarious. But after the 49ers 23-20 loss to the Saints in New Orleans, in which he had zero touches on offense, he took a very different tone.
The 49ers backup running back was clearly frustrated.
Dixon’s frustrations appear to be based on his lack of playing time. He wouldn’t be the first to gripe about touches through a social media outlet. Fellow running back LaMichael James made some headlines with his “State Farm” tweet earlier this season.
James took four snaps on offense and was was back for all of the kick and punt returns. He had one catch for four yards and two carries for seven yards. Dixon was used on 20 special teams plays.
Losing isn’t fun. The 49ers expect much more. Dixon came from an extremely tough background and is one of the most upbeat, passionate and energetic people on the team. This doesn’t look like it will become a distraction. He’ll probably just end up being the latest frustrated 49er to get a talking to about the dos and don’ts of social media.
The rest of Dixon’s online rant came in the form of freestyle rap lyrics, which is a common occurrence on Dixon’s typically entertaining timeline.
You have to give Dixon some credit for containing his anger on the plane. Hopefully he doesn’t keep precious faberge eggs or fine china in his house.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- NL West Watch: Dodgers score 14, magic number at one
- Stanford holds on for wild last-second win over UCLA
- Wild Card Watch: Mets rally falls short in loss to Phillies
- With Del Rio's son out, Gators' win streak over Vols snapped
- Dell gets a chance to secure Sharks' backup job
- 49ers Mailbag: When will offense speed up?
- Ex-starter Wilhoite remains ready if called to play defense
- Sandoval 'well ahead of schedule,' could return for playoffs
- Giants lineup: Belt moves to top, Pagan moved down vs Padres
- Chargers promote former 49ers TE to active roster
|nannettejeastbayrn on Andrew Bogut is an avid muscle…|
|lauramacky on A’s fans flex creative m…|
|mustangs94 on A glimpse inside NaVorro Bowma…|
|L. Alger on Check out Stephen Curry’…|
|gbories2014 on Super Bowl players’ preg…|