Nov 18, 2013, 1:20 PM PDT
Oakland Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick has been showing off his high-quality replica strap since the 2012 season.
Known to be a huge wrestling fan, Reddick always uses WWE entrance music as his walk-up song, wears pro wrestling t-shirts while working out and has a folding chair from WWE Judgement Day in front of his spot in the A’s clubhouse. During Spring Training, he took his love of wrestling a step further when he and WWE superstar Daniel Bryan challenged each other to a beard growing competition.
The beard-off is supposed to be determined at the conclusion of 2013, with the loser being forced to shave. On Monday, Reddick stopped by to visit with Bryan before Monday Night Raw in Nashville, Tennessee. Reddick trimmed his beard during the baseball season, but appears to have closed the gap on Bryan, who has let his facial fuzz grow wild all year.
Reddick and Bryan’s beard-off has featured several jabs on Twitter, a radio debate, and an over-the-top angry promo by the WWE wrestler.
The WWE’s flagship show, Raw, airs locally at 8 p.m. and they’ll probably show Reddick in the crowd. Don’t expect him to get in the ring and wrestle, especially after recently undergoing surgery on his right wrist.
Over on WWE.com you can vote for either Bryan or Reddick‘s beard. It is clear that Bryan has home-field advantage, though.
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Damian Jones is 'going to learn a lot' vs. next two Warriors opponents
- Man Arrested After Trespassing in 11-Year-Old Girl's Bed: PD
- San Jose Man Arrested in Violent Sexual Assault of Girl, 17
- Marvin Bagley 'trying to stay patient' after limited minutes in Kings debut
- Fire Threatens Natural Gas Pipeline, Prompts Evacuations
- Safeway Employee in SF Fetches $1.9 Million of Mega Millions
- Salesforce Transit Center Contractor Seeks $150M in Lawsuit
- Bay Area Roads Are Some of Worst in the Country: Report
- Chris Webber bestows high praise on Kings rookie Harry Giles
- Kings takeaways: Three things we learned from season-opening loss to Jazz
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|