Field of Links: Another Curry injury scare, Ray Lewis whips out his credit card for Ahmad Brooks, LamBEARghini
Nov 19, 2013, 9:58 AM PST
Stephen Curry is the Golden State Warriors’ most valuable player by a mile. With that in mind, it’s always terrifying for Dubs fans when Curry hits the floor. On Monday, Curry suffered a mild concussion when he took a hard blow to the head as Utah Jazz forward Marvin Williams fell on top of him. Curry was down for two minutes while being examined by trainers. He left the game with what was described as a headache at the time.
He’ll be forced to miss Wednesday’s game against the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Warriors easily won the game 98-87. They hit 12 three-pointers and gathered 57 rebounds en route to their fourth straight victory.
— Before Monday Night Football, Ray Lewis whipped out his American Express card on television and offered to pay half of Ahmad Brooks’ fine (if he gets one) for hitting Drew Brees on Sunday. Lewis, like most analysts, was furious that Brooks was flagged for what looked like a potentially game-winning sack.
For The Win took the time to transcribe Lewis’ comments on Brooks. Here’s a portion of the transcript.
“If they fine this kid, Trent, I’m gonna pay half of this kid’s fine, because of one reason — because of one reason — defenders have to be respected as men before anything else. […] And that man laid a clean hit and that cost the San Francisco 49ers a complete football game yesterday and could have cost them in the playoffs.”
— As if professional athletes don’t make enough money already… New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith got paid $60 for his performance in a VIDEO GAME. Little digital J.R. helped a fan win a bet by beating the Heat in NBA 2K13. The fan felt compelled to “split the pot” and mailed half of the money to Smith.
Field of Links:
— Speaking of cash for nothing… The Chicago Blackhawks are selling vials of melted ice from their championship season for $99.
— The $130 fee paid by Donte Whitner to the Cuyahoga County Court in Cleveland, Ohio may finally be paying off. Our 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco reports that Whitner’s hearing to change his name to “Hitner” will be taking place today.
— If you’ve been to this blog before, you know we have an unhealthy obsession with bears acting like people. Here’s the ultimate example of that. A BEAR IN A LAMBORGHINI!
— NFL player quits football to become a firefighter. He’s the third NFL player to unexpectedly hang up the cleats recently.
(The Answer: Blowout Preventer)
Field of Teams
Join us on the Field of Teams as we cover the fun, viral, sometimes even downright weird aspects of Bay Area sports, powered by Casey Pratt and the CSNBayArea.com staff.
Do you have a nugget for our Field of Teams staff? Is there something about Bay Area sports you've always wanted to know? Email us and let us know -- if we use it, we got a t-shirt in it for ya.
Top Posts & Pages
- Super Bowl players' pregame playlists revealed
- TBT: After losing his arm and career, Dave Dravecky had to find himself
- TBT: Juan Marichal attacks John Roseboro with a bat
- Terrell Owens' wife reportedly wants out after two-week marriage
- Here are the many different A's stadium renderings through the years
- Motorist OK After Slamming Into Train in San Leandro
- UC Berkeley Professor Warns of Killer Robots in Viral Video
- Timeline of Kate Steinle Murder Trial
- Kate Steinle Trial: No Verdict After Day 2 of Deliberations
- Ex-Students Discuss Alleged Misconduct at Presentation High
- Gameday: Bring on Lonzo Ball vs De'Aaron Fox in the NBA
- Basketball junkie Vince Carter ecstatic to return from bout with kidney stones
- Teen Fetching Ball in SF Stabbed by Man With Scissors: PD
- Who 49ers start at quarterback is the last thing on Pete Carroll's mind
- Escaped Inmate Captured in Stockton, Other Still At Large
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Kings’ I…|
|louiecarmae on Snoop Dogg: ‘Raiders are…|
|louiecarmae on Case of the Mondays: Seahawks…|
|louiecarmae on Field of Links: Seahawks fan g…|
|louiecarmae on Johnny Football vastly outdraw…|